Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
ML 320 + M330ci Conv
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've been a member for almost a year now, but posting mainly in the W163 and W164 forums. Yesterday I went down to the local dealer and placed an order for a 6 Speed Manual SLK 350 (Cubanite Silver with Napa Tobacco Leather). Its due to arrive late August / early September. All i've heard is good things about this car, can't wait!!!!

At the moment I have got the following options, Napa Leather, Wood Grain and Infrareed Roof Operation.

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
Good on ya!

Whereabouts in Aus are you?

roadsta

·
Registered
ML 320 + M330ci Conv
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Roadsta,
I'm in Brisbane, which dealership did you use, Centenary or MB of Brisbane?

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
bayles999 - 5/16/2005 5:33 PM

Hi Roadsta,
I'm in Brisbane, which dealership did you use, Centenary or MB of Brisbane?
hi there bayless999,

I bought from Centenary. On balance, not bad. The salesman was good and trustworthy. I am less sure about their workshop setup. I have a BMW too, and the BMW workshop / servicing experience is streets ahead of Centenary's. I am not sure of Brisbane MB's workshop setup and performance.

Who did you buy from?

roadsta

·
Registered
ML 320 + M330ci Conv
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again roadsta,

My M Class was bought from MB of Brisbane, it is also serviced there, have had no problems what so ever with their service department, but I was lied to by the salesman who sold us our ML 320, apparently no significant updates were coming in the next 2 years.... what happens 3 months after we buy it, the ML 350 comes out (obviously an engine upgrade is not significant in his books). So I have decided to order the SLK from Centenary this time hopefully to have a honest salesmen and also becasue it is only a 5 minute drive away from where I live.

Your SLK looks great in red, i was tempted by that red colour, but decided i wanted the tobacco interior which would look odd with red on the exterior so I have gone with the Cubanite silver.

Cheers,
bayles999

·
Registered
SLK350
365 Posts
B,

Good. As I say the sales experience at Centenary was positive, and the jury's out on the workshop.

I too would be fuming about the ML 320/350 thing. Have you told Brisbane MB that is why they lost the sale? (They tried to fib to me too with my SLK purchase. When I caught them out with some facts, I went straight back to Centenary. I spoke to both dealers before ordering.)

You will love this car. Took mine up to Mt Nebo early this morning - what a blast. I too live in the West.

cheers
roadsta

·
Registered
05-SLK 350
35 Posts
i orderd the same colour combination u wont be dissapointed trust me i think its the best colour out there [8D]

·
Registered
ML 320 + M330ci Conv
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi DVS SLK,

Do you have any pictures of your car, both interior and exterior? I am dying to see pictures other than little sample squares. Any pics would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
bayles999

·
Registered
ML 320 + M330ci Conv
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi DVS SLK,

Do you have any pictures of your car, both interior and exterior? I am dying to see pictures other than little sample squares. Any pics would be highly appreciated!

Cheers
bayles999

·
Registered
ML 320 + M330ci Conv
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roadsta,

I did not even bother about going to enquire about the SLK at MB of Brisbane, I would never buy another car from them. When the SLK arrives I am going to get the M Class serviced at Centenary. I have relatives and friends who have bought from centanary and all they can say about it is positive things.

MT Neebo would of been great, can't wait till I get mine to do the same thing! [:D]

Cheers,
bayles999

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
bayles999 - 5/15/2005 4:54 AM

Hi DVS SLK,

Cheers
bayles999
Here is a previous post of the USA Launch Edition which is Pewter (Cubanite Silver) and Tobacco.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1190538&start=91&fid=27

1 - 11 of 11 Posts