Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 W166 ML350
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday I placed an order on the new ML, an I am very excited, my first benz!! It was a terrible process and massive PITA, but I negotiated a great deal and now I am happy.Now need to wait for 3 months for the car. I have a couple quick questions:
1. I really wanted P95 Sports interior package with black dinamica/MBTex, but for some reason the dealer said its not available at this time, does this make sense? Should I go back, how can I check for this?
2. I ended up getting a black MBtex, black headliner and MBTex dash. What color is the stitching on the MBTex dash? I saw some cars had white stitching and some had black- I really liked the white stitching interior it looks much better than black stitching.
3. How much time do I have to make changes to my order if I wanna add some stuff?

·
Registered
2012 BMW X5 (totaled by GF, now driving her Lexus RX300)
116 Posts
Well yesterday I placed an order on the new ML, an I am very excited, my first benz!! It was a terrible process and massive PITA, but I negotiated a great deal and now I am happy.Now need to wait for 3 months for the car. I have a couple quick questions:
1. I really wanted P95 Sports interior package with black dinamica/MBTex, but for some reason the dealer said its not available at this time, does this make sense? Should I go back, how can I check for this?
2. I ended up getting a black MBtex, black headliner and MBTex dash. What color is the stitching on the MBTex dash? I saw some cars had white stitching and some had black- I really liked the white stitching interior it looks much better than black stitching.
3. How much time do I have to make changes to my order if I wanna add some stuff?
I've learned the hard way that you have to really hunt to find a dealer who can build what you want when the first one says it can't be done. I haven't heard any issue with the dinamica/MBTex Sports Package having shortages, only leather of any kind. You might be able to find a dealer that has one in the their build queue or willing to horse trade on your behalf with another dealer who has one in their queue.

I believe the stitching with MBtex bucket seats in that sports interior and the dinamica/MBTex version are both white, as the photos clearly show. You might notice in those photos for MBtex has little perforations. This is reportedly new for 2013. It's not a vent seat, but I'm told it can help a little to make it more breathable and comfortable. However, the dinamica/MBTex wouldn't have those, I imagine since the dinamica wouldn't look good with little holes.

As far as time you have left to make changes. I've heard that MB has made this a smaller window this year. Best one to ask is the inventory manager of your dealer. These are the fine folks who are really at the heart of the sales and order process...they are the most knowledgeable and trustworthy. So, insist on sitting down with yours the next time you visit your dealer and they'll give you the straight scoop.

UPDATE: I just was checking out the images on MBUSA for when you build an ML. At the very bottom below are two images, one of the Black Leather seat and the other of Black MBTex (as labeled). I noticed that on the leather, there is a white trim, whereas on the MBTex, it looks dark. But the big thing the MB-tex image shows is the new perforations in the seat that I had heard about, as if it's a ventilated seat (but it's not, since that's not an option available for MB-tex seats). You really have to zoom in to see the dot pattern they create.

I haven't seen this in person, but I imagine they did it for aesthetics as well as perhaps some additional comfort, to make it more breathable. It has always struck me that the leather seats look 'classier' with the perforations, due to the ventilated seat option. In fact, the looks of the leather vent seats has been more the motivation for me to order this option than whatever minor cooling they can provide on a hot day.

So, it seems someone at MB realized the same thing...that the MB-tex would look better with those perforations. I want to go see this in person, as I wonder if now they look even more like real leather seats than before. Moreover, I wonder if the little holes make the fabric more supple and leather-like. Does anyone have these on their new ML 2013 and willing to report their impressions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
For MY 2012 change requests were allowed up to 31 days prior to scheduled production date - with 2013 ML's literally allocated out to 3rd decade Nov - yes, MB is locking down orders now 45 days out - and most likely in about 3 weeks on the outside it will be 60 lock out for change requests. Dealer queue swaps are at this moment still allowable roughly up to 20 days lock out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts