Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AMG V8 !!! Could be SC V6 but with bigger displacement (400 hp) but not higher boost......

<br> Stock boost is at 1 bar= 14.6 psi. Most factory are known to run higher boost then that.<p>jludlow-nt.qualcomm.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No SC it needed for V8 !!! I'm sure AMG will have no problem squezing 400 hp out of 5.5 liters......

<br> Bmw M Divison did it with the M5.<p>jludlow-nt.qualcomm.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it's going to be a V8. It wouldn't make any sencse to put a SC V6 in a larger car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read somewhere they are going with a V-6 for emission reasons (unfortunatley

It will be too bad if they do.<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Orion...If that were the case then you mean there's not V8 in any of the Mercedes models..NOT! If...

<br> you can design an engine to pass smog, regaurdless which model you put it in, it still gonna pass smog.<p>66-42-121-57.lsan.dial.netzero.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahh! A mercedes is not a mercedes if it doesn't have a V8. V8 rules.

Now if your comparing it to previous MB I6 like the Gullwing 300 SL, C36, and the other I6 they used, it's still has no match. V6s motors doesn't have a place in the motoring history. Companies use V6 to save money. The motors to have are <br> I6, V8, and V12.<br> <br> I'll keep my CLK55. Thank you.<p>dhcp04.bramasol.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Linh, I meant that the W209 CLK will be larger in size and more luxurious than the current one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am telling you what I read, how do you know what can pass future smog regulations?

It seems to me that you have a hard time reading someones opinion and just accepting it as an OPINION!<br> <br> As I said at the beginning: I HOPE THEY DON'T GO WITH A V-6 <p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ANSWER TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS!!

In the mercedes netstar database the 500C CLK model shows up for release in the 2003 model year. Lets get real, a CLK 350 a CLK 500 and line topping C32??????? Think about it.<br> <br> The info for the CLK 500 is from Robert Brown.<p>sc-66-27-182-169.socal.rr.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts