Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swaped the michelins for the pirellis? If so any improvements in ride/quiteness? How much would the swap cost?

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
I had the dealer remove the Michelin's from my 350 before I picked it up. I put Pirelli P-Zero Nero A/S tires on. They seem to handle fine and are quiet. I think they will remain my tire of choice year round.

Roberta
Wisconsin driver[:)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
No, I still have the Michelins, although I was not happy when I initially saw them on the car. They are quieter and handle better than I expected but when it comes time to replace them (someone said 30,000 miles [:0]) i will probably go with the Pirellis.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Not all got Michelins...mine are Conti's and after 11K+ seem to be fine...[:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
Roberta - 5/10/2005 6:08 PM

I had the dealer remove the Michelin's from my 350 before I picked it up. I put Pirelli P-Zero Nero A/S tires on. They seem to handle fine and are quiet. I think they will remain my tire of choice year round.

Roberta
Wisconsin driver[:)]
Even in Snow???

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
I have both...

My TT has the pilot sports (first generation), my SLK the P-zero rosso's.
The Rosso's are definitely quieter and are better in the rain than the Pilots, which handle better under agressive cornering due to a stiffer sidewall. Off the line I'd also give the edge to the Pilots. I hear very good things about the PS2's as well.

·
Registered
SLK350
128 Posts
Mine came with the Pirelli PZeros on 18 inch AMG 5 spokes. They seem fine and I agree with the other comment on cornering grip although I am comparing to my old CLK which was booted with Michelin PS2's and a different car anyway. Cannot remember who said they think they will get 30,000 miles but that is being a tad optimistic. The Michelins gave me almost 17000 miles which was pretty good compared to the PS1 directional treads which only gave 13000 (and were crap when cornering in the wet !!)

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
I don't know if the A/S's are any good in the snow. I refuse to drive it when the roads are snow or salt covered. Seems good in rain, though. I use my Lincoln for bad winter weather. It's a tank.

Roberta[:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts