Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pirelli Scorpion Snow Tires

Hello all,

I am a new member and a new owner of a 2007 R320 CDI...I am in seventh heaven with my car. Just love it.

I thought I'd post my current experience. I got my 320 lightly used and it came equipped with 255/50R19 Michelins. While the starting traction was OK in ice, snow and slush up here in Ontario, the braking was poor.

I managed to find a set of lightly used (3K kms) stock 17" rims from an R350 that had 235/65R17 Pirelli Scorpions mounted on them. I installed them last weekend and we have had a few snowfalls since then. The grip is fantastic and I get great traction in start-ups, driving and braking with the Scorpions.

I find they are a tad noisier on dry pavement than the Michelins but that is to be expected with a snow and ice tire.

Although it is early going yet, I am really pleased. The 4Matic / snow tire combination is unbeatable for winter driving.

·
W166, W251 Moderator
1,249 Posts
Congrats

Hi

and a big :thumbsup::) on you new car.

I'm waiting for my R320, it might be ready in beginning of April.

How is it on long drives?

How is the millage, as I hvae read here in the forum that it will be better with more miles on the car?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is, by far, the best car I have ever driven, It is fantastic on the highway. Solid, smooth, stable, quiet - you'll love it.

Fuel economy is good but I am mostly driving around town. I've been averaging about 11 L/100 km (21.4 mpg US / 25.6 mpg Imperial).

Highway mileage with cruise at 120 km/hr (75 m/hr) is 9 - 9.5 L/100km (24.7 - 26 mpg US; 29 -31.4 mpg Imperial). This is with 10-15K km (6-10K miles) on it. Also in winter so mileage suffers. I am hoping to see it move up a bit with the warmer weather.

·
W166, W251 Moderator
1,249 Posts
Sound nice, I can't wait any more:D, but they did not have the combination that we wanted, so then there was only to order.

I'm looking forward to try to drive it on a long trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts