Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML430 Sport
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pioneer CDX-FM1287 Not cutting it - factory Changer

I am looking into replacing my non-working factory CD Changer with a Pioneer CDX-FM1287 12 Disc Changer.

has anyone ever used any non-factory CD changer and received great quality in sound?

I appreciate any advise or suggestions.

Thanks

DB

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
Different years use different CD changers depending on who did the head unit. For instance the early models used panasonic CD changers.

In any case, it will depend on your headunit and wiring and how you plan to connect the CD changer. If your just using FM modulator then I think it likely you can attach to any stereo although I'm unsure about the fiber optic units. Quality is another issue altogether and a matter of opinion.

Try to do the search for your year and model of headunit. I'll assume it's one of the MCS units so fiber and non-fiber make a big difference on what is possible.

·
Registered
2001 ML430 Sport
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried the Pioneer CD Changer using FM Modulator. I was dissapointed.

The sound quality is just not the same (intermittant sound distortion). I am bringer my ML430 back to the Audio shop to have it removed. I am now looking into an Alpine DVD 6 disc changer. It is suppose to be able to connect via fiber optics. The Audio installation shop where I am having the work done in NJ also has an adapter/module for the MCS unit that will allow DVD Video viewing.

Has anyone every used a DVD Changer which replaced the OEM CD Changer?

Let me know.

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts