Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, well everyone has seen the chrome cover on the colored portion of the grille on the SLK, but not satisdfied with just that, I acquired the 12 grille inserts in polished stainless steel. Now, on a white car (my favorite color so don't hold that against me) does the chrome looks good over the white part or without it? I just might go both with and without as the mood suits me. Already posted the hood aerowings (ala 55) back in December when I took delivery. Next up, mirror covers, headlight trim, hell, might as well make it my chromasaurus!

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 350
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the goodies so far came from Performance Products. The 12 piece grille inserts attach with adhesive tape that comes on the back - very sticky. The 12 piece set is $143.

The headlight surrounds I was hoping to get from MB, but they are not available yet. I just might try the ones from Performance Products, they are $79.95 for the pair.

I'll keep you posted. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Great! I like it [:D]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
If only it was Iridium Silver, then I could see how those chrome inserts would look like on my car [:D]

Looking good!!!

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
roadsterboy - 5/4/2005 7:04 AM

All the goodies so far came from Performance Products. The 12 piece grille inserts attach with adhesive tape that comes on the back - very sticky. The 12 piece set is $143.

The headlight surrounds I was hoping to get from MB, but they are not available yet. I just might try the ones from Performance Products, they are $79.95 for the pair.

I'll keep you posted. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!
Performance Products gives no detailed description of their items. Are their hood (aerowings) wings the screw on or clip on?

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
They really add something to the front of the car!! [8D]

It looks like the car is smiling!!!! [:D]

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
I like the look of the 12 grill inserts but without the main fins.

Has anyone blakced out the grill on a white 350 or 55?

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
I guess I'm one of the few people that doesn't care for the 12 chrome inserts. They remind me of 1950's American cars.

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
I'm with Duo-Art here, I think it looks tacky, but hey, it's your car and as long as you like it. It shoudn't matter what others think. [:)]

But when you do get chrome wheels that's when I'll have to voice my opinion. [:D]

·
Registered
SLK350, BMW K1200LT
808 Posts
roadsterboy - 5/4/2005 3:04 PM

All the goodies so far came from Performance Products.
wots their URL? (leave odd spaces coz Frank doesn't like non-sposor URL's being handed out (but he loves www.r171.co.uk[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!])

·
Registered
SLK 350
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Malibuite is correct, Performance Products does not give a detailed description for many of the items for this car. What's even worse, there are no instructions either, good thing I ARE A ENGIN-eer so I could finger it out.

The website for that company, whose name shall remain unspoken, is www dot performanceproducts4benz dot com. That should do you.

The other question about the aerowings for the hood/bonnet is that they sort of snap in place (angle them in and then snap into upright position.) I got these areowings way before MB made them available as replacement parts for the 55.

I'v also bought from this company for my Porsche too, been quite happy with most everything.

Special thanks to fredfromny, I always knew you had excellent taste!

·
Registered
SLK 55 born 03/05
58 Posts
My grill is blacked out and with the main fin it looks mean. If I can get my act together I'll get into the 21st and get a pix up this weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts