Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after having seven w126 series i decided to part company with my last one wich is on my avitar,I was not looking for another Mercedes but as i was looking through ebay last month i came across a w140 and bought it.
She is a 1993 300 sel and originates from Singapore being imported into the uk in 2000,All the servicing was done by Cycle and Carriage Pandan Gardens Singapore until it was imported,then it has since been serviced at a Stealer.
She has 87,000 miles on the clock and i think is in very good condition as she has no rust .

The only two faults she had were the self closing was not working and the windscreen washers did not work,After reading numorous posts on here i dismantled my self closing pump it was the later style and adjusted it and cleaned everything i could,It now works great apart from the boot/trunk i spent hours taking the mechanism to pieces inside the boot lid cleaning oiling also the other part lock etc and it still wont self close but i can live with it .

The washer pump was easy just lowered the pan beneath the engine and removed the pump cleaned it and put it back on works a treat

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its taking some getting use to its the slab styling iam not a lover of,The w126 300sel i had turned heads everywere i went,but this one people dont even give it a second glance.I have only had it a month and its nice to drive but thats about it,so it might grow on me but if i was to find another 300sel w126 i would swap back

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Congrats :)

It'll take some time to appreciate the car, especially in your case owning 7 w126!

I've always loved my fathers w126's and probably put them over the w140 as my favorite just a little bit because of their better reliability in my case, but I cant see myself giving up my car to revert back to a previous generation.

Hopefully yours wont give you too much trouble :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts