Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My camera is working again, so I'm posting some pics of the damage to my E320 wagon caused by some a**hole. Can someone help me figure out what parts to buy to fix the damage? As you can see, the rubber hose was damaged on one side, and both wiper arms were snapped off (broken).

Attachments

·
Registered
E500, C43 AMG, E280
328 Posts
Sorry to see the damaged on your Benz man - Too many idiots around!!!!

You can pickup the wipers from the dealership pretty cheap, they should have the hose aswell. As for the hood star they are pretty cheap too, unless you wanna get rid of it and keep a flat hood star like the SL mercs (Many benz owners do this to prevent further damage)

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
From what I can see, the hood star was already replaced by a flat-like mercedes badge?

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
Well, hope you can find and install new wipers.

Do you know who did it? Find him, hunt him down, and make him PAAAAY!!![:(!]

·
Registered
E500, C43 AMG, E280
328 Posts
Hi,

Maybe replacing it with something like this:

http://www.edmunds.com/edweb/wardlaw/photos/99Mercedes.ML430.badge.jpg

Doesnt look 1/2 as good though [:(]

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no, the hood star was ripped out in a way that took all of the stalk with it, so that's why it looks clean. i hacen't replaced it yet -- i'm planning to just buy another star for it.

but my problem is not knowing what replcement parts to buy for the wiper system. if you look at the pic below, the red circle shows where the metal was broken in half as the vandal broke the wiper off -- i won't be able to just attach a wiper arm to it. can someone tell me where this broken piece attaches to the wiper motor, and what it's called?

also, the red square is where the rubber washer fluid hose was torn -- any tips on replacing this? where can i buy these parts?

oh, and thanks for the sympathy, by the way [:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
1996 MB C280
371 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. Looks like some kids got into one to many beers and thought playing the musketeers with your headlight wipers would be fun. idiots...

Anyway I found a little information about the wiper system and information can be found at the link below.

http://manuals.braingears.com/124_DISC2/Program/Chassis/82-0540.pdf

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nickCR - 4/8/2006 12:50 PM

Sorry to hear about your car. Looks like some kids got into one to many beers and thought playing the musketeers with your headlight wipers would be fun. idiots...

Anyway I found a little information about the wiper system and information can be found at the link below.

http://manuals.braingears.com/124_DISC2/Program/Chassis/82-0540.pdf
thanks! i'm still wondering about the metal part that's been snapped off. any idea what the part is called?

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
13,124 Posts
Remove the nut (8mm) from the shaft and the metal part will tap off. It is what's left of your wiper assembly. Snip a bit off the washer hose and it should be good to go.

good luck,

jayare

1 - 11 of 11 Posts