6,019 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
looks good, i saw your other post asking about different size tires, IMO the ones you have look great, will handle better, better mileage,etc. I wouldn't change.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking good! Congratz and good luck on your new used E430 :thumbsup:
I wish mine look good as yours! :crybaby2:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks good, i saw your other post asking about different size tires, IMO the ones you have look great, will handle better, better mileage,etc. I wouldn't change.
thanks gg, i agree, the tires are fine after what i read from da experts, i will save the $$ for the basic maintenence first and ohlord has really got me thinking, i need to have the dealer look at the spring brace areas for rust, what a bummer....didnt know about this issue for these models till i had bought it. Its a 1 owner NY car, so I am hoping it was taken care of.

anyway heres a pic of the tires, they are pretty decent.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
You don't have the factory Sport package, you've only got the Sport rims. The Sport package has side skirts and a different front spoiler. The side moldings also say Sport.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Having bought a E320 recently I sometimes wonder if I should have taken a E430. Congrats to your ride!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The grill where the foglamps are , they look better than my 2K E430. How's the feel on the steering ?
Its funny i myself thought the newer ones have very sharp angular grills and lamp styles, and i like this rounder look better,.... the steering was very different from a BMW as this is my first benz, I guess being that it is sport model i was expecting the steering to be more exact and precise, but felt the car swaying a bit, at first i thought the tire pressure was low, I pulled over checked the tire pressure and it was fine at the max for all tires at 51psi, got back on the road and took me a while to get comfortable, on the way back from DC to Richmond it was a much better ride. I think I needed to get acclimatized to the Benz as its not as nimble or sharp as a BMW, but it more than makes up for the ride in many many other aspects, i love it and will keep it for a very long time.

Incidantlly the ESR or ESC or whatever its called (stability control) kicked in twice, both times at high speed enterances to circular exists and again i was not used to the car shuddering, scared me at first as it felt like the tranny shuddering, then noticed the yellow light flashing, with two kids in the back, that was a very comforting feeling....love the car.

btw i got great MPG so far, slightly less than half a tank and we covered 225 miles. (see pic)

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You don't have the factory Sport package, you've only got the Sport rims. The Sport package has side skirts and a different front spoiler. The side moldings also say Sport.
so this is not a sport package? dammit....the small used car dealer advertised it as such, oh well.... i still love the car and it is in such nice condition.

The only issue so far was the passenger side view mirror would not adjust correctly and spasms and seems like its sticky, but its a minor thing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keep it shiny...keep it tuned...and ENJOY!
Thanks, my wife and i ...we love it. Its a healthy mental reward after dealing with diapers all day....i cant believe we can afford these cars at these prices nowadays.

·
Premium Member
1,919 Posts
Wait!!!

Its funny i myself thought the newer ones have very sharp angular grills and lamp styles, and i like this rounder look better,.... the steering was very different from a BMW as this is my first benz, I guess being that it is sport model i was expecting the steering to be more exact and precise, but felt the car swaying a bit, at first i thought the tire pressure was low, I pulled over checked the tire pressure and it was fine at the max for all tires at 51psi, got back on the road and took me a while to get comfortable, on the way back from DC to Richmond it was a much better ride. I think I needed to get acclimatized to the Benz as its not as nimble or sharp as a BMW, but it more than makes up for the ride in many many other aspects, i love it and will keep it for a very long time.

Incidantlly the ESR or ESC or whatever its called (stability control) kicked in twice, both times at high speed enterances to circular exists and again i was not used to the car shuddering, scared me at first as it felt like the tranny shuddering, then noticed the yellow light flashing, with two kids in the back, that was a very comforting feeling....love the car.

btw i got great MPG so far, slightly less than half a tank and we covered 225 miles. (see pic)
Please tell me that your tires do not have 51 PSI in them??!!! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Look again that is a sport, it has the skirts, AMG front bumper W/ round fog lamps and Wheels. all that is missing is the little black Sport badge.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That is not safe!!! Look in the gas cap door, you will see the recommended tire pressure for this car. I think its 31 PSI front and 32 PSI rear. 51 PSI is not good!!:eek:
X2! Again!

The tire pressure listed on the tire itself is the MAXIMUM pressure allowed before the TIRE EXPLODES. In other words, it is the maximum pressure the tire has been manufactured to hold before the tire cannot physically contain any more pressure.

Your CAR lists the correct tire pressure. Check the door pillars as well as the back of the gas cap panel. Every car will list the proper tire pressure as designed for the car. This will be much lower than the maximum pressure listed on the tire.

Tire pressure is important and it affects the ride, handling and mileage. Also affects tire wear.

I would strongly recommend inflating the tires as per Mercedes' recommendation. For the 17" rims, I think the pressure is around 33-35 psi. NOT 51!! :eek:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts