Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody!

Wasn´t here since a long time but after selling my old "White Series" i finally got a new one. I bought a w209 Coupe couple weeks ago, totaly stock. After some mods and weeks of work its nearly finished.

Herewith i would like to show you my new CLK: (hope you enjoy it)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz CLK 320 w209 (US)
45 Posts
Nice car... Your comand system came to my attention since it is the first one I see similar to mine. Have you managed to get anything out of that other than FM radio and audio cd?!?! I have searching the Internet for info on how to add a phone or a tv or whatever that gives me the high tech feeling inside my car... As a note, I don't live in the US or Europe, so all those articles with part numbers and shops didn't do me any good

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good choices of wheels. Your car looks clean as hell.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank you all guys!

@ RollinCLK500: Sorry, but it´s just a 320 :eek:

@ Aussie_CLK: It´s neither standart nor option. I don´t know if its available from MB but i customized the factory wood into deep black, like all other black parts.

@ utiadam: The wheels are just 19" with 225/35/19 rubbers. If anyone is interested i installed a "K.A.W. Spring Kit" with a lowering of 50/35 mm.

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Thank you all guys!

@ RollinCLK500: Sorry, but it´s just a 320 :eek:

@ Aussie_CLK: It´s neither standart nor option. I don´t know if its available from MB but i customized the factory wood into deep black, like all other black parts.

@ utiadam: The wheels are just 19" with 225/35/19 rubbers. If anyone is interested i installed a "K.A.W. Spring Kit" with a lowering of 50/35 mm.
Hey buddy!
Remember me?!
We had chats when you were still working on the White Series bodykit.
Well done for that, by the way.

Your handywork on the 209 looks great too. It's a spitting image of a 63.

I recently parted with my 208 (my dad has it now) and I now have the CLK63 AMG.
I am keen to find out what options are available to me if I wanted to lower the car (which I do).

Any info you have will be much appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
C320 4matic
1,743 Posts
nice looking ride. where are you located - was the parktronic standard or aftermarket? nice work again.

·
Registered
2004 MB CLK 500
66 Posts
I just bought the same knock off wheels on Ebay. Were you able to use the bolts that came with O.E.M wheels?
Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@ Rashman: Yes i remember that we wrote in the past. Thank you for the compliment, w208 and w209 too.

Honestly i don´t have any informations regarding the suspension of a 63. My opinion: To lower a 63 i would not use lowering springs, only a complete coilover kit from KW (one of the best in germany) or a similar one like H&R or Eibach. That would probably be the best choice for your car.

Further ..., you got a great car. Congratulation! :bowdown: Would appreciate to drive some rounds on the street.

@ Tri-Star: I´m from Germany. Exactly from Duisburg! That´s arround 70 km away from cologne. The parktronic was standart.

@ Bad_Debt: No, i added 30 mm spacers on front axle, 90 mm spacers on rear axle and used shorter bolts to fit them. Setup fits great. Only rolled the fenders in front and rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts