Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in an earlier post that I purchased a 2000 CLK430 w/ 21,xxx miles on the odometer. I finally was able to take it out of the garage and enjoy the new ride for a weekend trip. I washed it down and snapped a few pictures - let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

Lance

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
I mentioned in an earlier post that I purchased a 2000 CLK430 w/ 21,xxx miles on the odometer. I finally was able to take it out of the garage and enjoy the new ride for a weekend trip. I washed it down and snapped a few pictures - let me know what you guys think.
Mate, that is a VERY clean CLK you have there.

And an Avantgarde as well! - the windows make the interior look so much fresher!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mate, that is a VERY clean CLK you have there.

And an Avantgarde as well! - the windows make the interior look so much fresher!

Yes, it's in near perfect condition - this was the first good bath that I gave the car. Man, it's literally perfect! I'm pumped to own this fine automobile. Okay, what exactly is the "Avantgarde" that you mentioned above...? Sorry, I'm a newbie... :)

Lance

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yes, it's in near perfect condition - this was the first good bath that I gave the car. Man, it's literally perfect! I'm pumped to own this fine automobile. Okay, what exactly is the "Avantgarde" that you mentioned above...? Sorry, I'm a newbie... :)

Lance
Avantagarde, I believe, refers to the spec of the car.

There are different specs: Classic, Elegance, Sport, Avantgarde and I think there's another one.

Avantgarde's have Alpaca Grey full leathers and interior and blue tinted windows.

They work really well together!

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Avantagarde, I believe, refers to the spec of the car.

There are different specs: Classic, Elegance, Sport, Avantgarde and I think there's another one.

Avantgarde's have Alpaca Grey full leathers and interior and blue tinted windows.

They work really well together!

I learned something new today - thank you. I really love the silver with the grey leather - it jumps! I agree 100% - now I need to find some 19's for it & drop it a bit. :)

Thanks again for the compliments!

Cheers,

Lance

·
Registered
791 Posts
...now I need to find some 19's for it & drop it a bit. :)....
Hey... that's the spirit!

I started in the place - I've made quite a few alterations to my CLK over the last year.

Glad you're loving your ride. I've owned my for about 3 years now and I still love it like I got it yesterday!

Nothing else does it for me quite like the 208!

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey... that's the spirit!

I started in the place - I've made quite a few alterations to my CLK over the last year.

Glad you're loving your ride. I've owned my for about 3 years now and I still love it like I got it yesterday!

Nothing else does it for me quite like the 208!

Now it appears I'm going to have to learn exactly what pads / springs to use when I lower the car. Your wheels are nice, do you have any other pics of your car?

Thanks,

Lance

·
Registered
791 Posts

Lance
You have the AMG body kit that I'm after too!

Well, I'm actually after a set of the side skirts. I'm planning to put a different front end on it. Someone made reference to an Expression front bumper the other day - it looks great!

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have the AMG body kit that I'm after too!

Well, I'm actually after a set of the side skirts. I'm planning to put a different front end on it. Someone made reference to an Expression front bumper the other day - it looks great!

I'm glad you don't live in the states - I'd have to sleep in my car! :)

I dig the AMG kit on the car, I know it came from the factory that way. This car didn't have any mods done to it at all. I'll do a search on the expression front bumper - thanks.

Now I'm going to start researching wheels & springs/pads.

Thanks,

Lance

·
Registered
2006 ML350
80 Posts
Avantgarde just refers to the package, it has nothing to do with the engine, the package itself is just rare. For example, my mom just bought an 07 C280, and she got the Avantgarde package. It comes with every single option available, plus a few that didn't. 17 inch rims (which the C series didn't come with last year), blue tinted glass (which was not an option), black 'marble' woodgrain (which was not an option). And it has chrome accents everywhere. Plus the metallic paint was included in the package.

Our car came with alot of standard options, that C's now still don't. So the guy that paid for the package, didn't get as much as bang for his buck. But either way, you got a great car, that's rare-er.

Congrats!

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Avantgarde just refers to the package, it has nothing to do with the engine, the package itself is just rare. For example, my mom just bought an 07 C280, and she got the Avantgarde package. It comes with every single option available, plus a few that didn't. 17 inch rims (which the C series didn't come with last year), blue tinted glass (which was not an option), black 'marble' woodgrain (which was not an option). And it has chrome accents everywhere. Plus the metallic paint was included in the package.

Our car came with alot of standard options, that C's now still don't. So the guy that paid for the package, didn't get as much as bang for his buck. But either way, you got a great car, that's rare-er.

Congrats!
That's good to know - I'm eager to find the right rims & correct ride height for me (lower is better in my book). Thank you for the compliments.

Cheers,

Lance

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey nice car
mine is the same color
i just put 19s on it next is the springs and pads
Thanks for sharing the images! The 19s certainly help fill the gap that I'm trying to fill. What springs/pads are you going to go with? I'm thinking about getting the H&R's - not sure on the pads just yet.

Thanks again for sharing the pics!

Cheers,

Lance

PS I hope to see you during Corvettes at Carlisle - August 22-24, 2008!

·
Registered
1999 clk 320 cab
16 Posts
i droped my 1999 cab 320 and had 19 brabus mono block vi they messed up teh ride.. right now i got 17 amg im get 18 .. the ride should be ok iwth 18's

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i droped my 1999 cab 320 and had 19 brabus mono block vi they messed up teh ride.. right now i got 17 amg im get 18 .. the ride should be ok iwth 18's
If you don't mind me asking - how did the mess up the ride?

Thanks,

Lance

·
Registered
791 Posts
If you don't mind me asking - how did the mess up the ride?

Thanks,

Lance
I think what he means is that the ride becomes too hard with 19 inch rims.

I have 19 inch rims and have also installed Koni sport shocks and Eibach lowering springs.

All this has made the ride harder and stiffer (less body roll in corners, less squat when accelerating and less nose-dive when braking) but this is what I wanted.

The larger the rims, the smaller the tyre profile has to be (profile is the height of the tyre - the distance between the rim and the ground). With a smaller profile tyre, you will feel the road alot more through the steering wheel - bumps in the road for example.

Most enthusiasts like this as it heightens your sense of control of the car. However, stiffening the ride therefore means that the ride won't be as comfortable.

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes CLK430
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think what he means is that the ride becomes too hard with 19 inch rims.

I have 19 inch rims and have also installed Koni sport shocks and Eibach lowering springs.

All this has made the ride harder and stiffer (less body roll in corners, less squat when accelerating and less nose-dive when braking) but this is what I wanted.

The larger the rims, the smaller the tyre profile has to be (profile is the height of the tyre - the distance between the rim and the ground). With a smaller profile tyre, you will feel the road alot more through the steering wheel - bumps in the road for example.

Most enthusiasts like this as it heightens your sense of control of the car. However, stiffening the ride therefore means that the ride won't be as comfortable.

That's what I figured... I've owned plenty of different cars that I've lowered & put larger wheels on. Yes, I'm very aware of the ride changing & the noise level going up. I don't mind the change in ride at all.

Thanks,

Lance

1 - 20 of 31 Posts