Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of two pictures as follows:

1 Side view and 1 rear view of a 107 with the MB windscreen in place and up.
I prefer the pictures to be minimum 1024x768. Larger is fine, and aspect ratio will be a bit different, but what is important is both pictures be taken with the camera in landscape (normal) orientation, not rotated to portrait. Also, please insure the entire side or rear of the car is visible, so that scale can be seen properly, and the angle be as straight on as possible, not angled down (I know, gotta squat down a bit to get the center of the camera even with the top of the car body).

Will someone here help me with this please...?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
89 R107, 05 CDI
2,536 Posts
I am in need of two pictures as follows:

1 Side view and 1 rear view of a 107 with the MB windscreen in place and up.
I prefer the pictures to be minimum 1024x768. Larger is fine, and aspect ratio will be a bit different, but what is important is both pictures be taken with the camera in landscape (normal) orientation, not rotated to portrait. Also, please insure the entire side or rear of the car is visible, so that scale can be seen properly, and the angle be as straight on as possible, not angled down (I know, gotta squat down a bit to get the center of the camera even with the top of the car body).

Will someone here help me with this please...?

Thanks.
Dude,

I'll do this for you tomorrow morning, EDT, if you admit, without discussion, that you are wrong with your use of the word insure, it should be ensure.

Just telling' ya!

Pictures to follow...

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,212 Posts
I posted large format pics at Test Pics | Mercedes-Benz Club of America - it was overcast, sorry about the flash. I can try later - the sun is starting to peek out.

I don't use photobucket or other such services; MBCA allows generous space allocations for attachments, permitting posting large formats. If you are not already an MBCA member, you will have to establish a "Guest" account (free) and log in to see the pics.

Or, send me your email, and I can send the files to you. Each is 2.8MB, 3008x2000 in size. The car sits level; my driveway isn't. You may have to do a slight rotation in Photoshop.

Below are small versions of what I posted, before you have to go to any trouble. Despite the appearance of the first small pic, both bumpers are fully visible.

Attachments

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
1997 SL500- 40th Anniversary
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I will wait to hear from Ears if he needs my promised input..!
I'm sorry. You will get no satisfaction from me. While insure is usually intended for "buying insurance", and ensure typically means, "to guarantee", you can see, from Websters Dictionary, that insure can also mean "...taking necessary measures and precautions...", which is exactly what I was instructing the photographer to do. I was asking the photographer to take the necessary measures to ENSURE the picture was suitable for my needs.

Also, please insure the entire side or rear of the car is visible...
You can see from the text above, I am clearly asking for appropriate measures or precautions to be taken so that part of the car is not cut off from the frame, therefore insure is used appropriately.

Webster's Collegiate Dictionary defines ensure as "to make sure, certain, or safe"; and insure as "1: to provide or obtain insurance on or for; 2: to make certain especially by taking necessary measures and precautions." For usage, it says:

ensure and insure are interchangeable in many contexts where they indicate the making certain or inevitable of an outcome, but ensure may imply a virtual guarantee <ensured the safety of the refugees>, while insure sometimes stresses the taking of necessary measures beforehand <insure the success of the party>
Thanks for the input...

ps... Thanks to Skylaw, I have the pictures I was requesting and needed... Thanks Skylaw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts