Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the topic says. i was wondering if anyone has swithced out the factory star on the grill to the big G. ORC sales one. here is the link.

http://www.orc.de/produkte/images/013-382-999-003.jpg

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Hi Kerr,

I've seen a member picture of his G in which he replaced the star with the "Puch" symbol. If I were to modify my grille, I'd probably change the white lining to black (as you did with your G).

Or I'd probably just get the Starless grille that's available from Brabus. For the time being, I'm going to put some black electrical tape and see how I like it.

[:D] [:)]

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh.. i was confused on what you wanted to do last time. im not sure how a black grill would look on a white G. I thought you just wanted to remove the chrome tape off the grill and have a solid white one.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
I was thinking about having the area surrounding the Star painted black (leaving the surrounding panels white). To be honest, a plain white grill is not very appealing to me. Anyway, I'm still trying it out with the black electrical tape.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
G-unit... where are you?...

I have to agree, i think the "G" grill is pretty tacky. But i think it'd be fitting on G-units truck with the big chrome rims. If your gonna go Ghetto style you might as well have some fun with it... but not a wing... never a wing!

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
RE: G-unit... where are you?...

ewalberg - 4/8/2005 4:00 AM

I have to agree, i think the "G" grill is pretty tacky. But i think it'd be fitting on G-units truck with the big chrome rims. If your gonna go Ghetto style you might as well have some fun with it... but not a wing... never a wing!
But an air dam or something to deflect air onto the back door to prevent dust buildup would be nice.

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
BrentG500 - 4/7/2005 12:44 PM

Hi Kerr,

I've seen a member picture of his G in which he replaced the star with the "Puch" symbol. If I were to modify my grille, I'd probably change the white lining to black (as you did with your G).

Or I'd probably just get the Starless grille that's available from Brabus. For the time being, I'm going to put some black electrical tape and see how I like it.

[:D] [:)]

Attachments

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
Kerr - 4/8/2005 9:45 AM

man i like the punch one too... where did you get that.
I have clients in Austria that assisted, but I have seen them on German eBay. Search the forums, there have been a few sources mentioned here also. I bought 2, sold the 2nd on eBay a month back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts