Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in December I picked a 62' 404, which overall is in nice condition. I thought I'd share a couple pictures.
The truck is in the shop right now with timing issues. It very low on power and just not running right. Then it just quit. Apparently the timing chain is way too loose. I'm not sure how common of a problem this is but I can't wait to get things sorted out.

Does anyone else have a plow mounted to their 404 with pictures. I would like to see what sort of setup you have for bracing the plow mount. Whoever did the origional install welded tabs to hold the bracing to the frame, but I can easily see myself bending these pretty quick when the plow is taken off in the summer.

btw. These are the pictures from the ebay ad. I've been to lazy to snap a few of my own shots.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Not sure where you are in NJ, but if you want to stop by Phila, Pa, you can check out the stock 406-16 mount and see how MB designed it. From ther just reverse engineer something similar for your 404. Looks like a nice truck BTW.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts