Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
what all was "wrong" with her that they wanted to slaughter her? what'd u have to do to get her to this stage?

·
Registered
1988 560 SL
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lots of body repair. Used galvanized sheet metal,fiberglass and body filler. Most of the repair was lower panels. I also replaced bushings,lower ball joints, all the brake lines and rotors,fuel line repairs,and other minor things. The motor and trans are great that's why I decided to spend the time in repairing this fine machine.
It was one of the most rewarding projects that I ever took on. When it passed inspection I was thrilled.
I love driving this car.

·
Registered
230 R170 300D W123
21 Posts
Props for getting it on the road again!!!!! Hope you enjoy every KM/Mile you Drive!!!!!!

I Do!!!! [:D]

A

·
0 Posts
excellent work then. sounds costly in parts, but if u got her for dirt cheap then who cares. these cars deserve worship, like in india with cows being sacred, and not allowed to ever be purpousely killed. hopefully she will give u years of driving pleasure!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
How many miles? That sounds like a true workhorse. Congrats on putting it back on the road!!

Like Banflu said, enjoy every mile/kilometer you drive in it. It's more than worth it I'm sure [:p]

·
Registered
1981 200 (W123)
163 Posts
karugs - 3/16/2005 6:31 AM

How many miles? That sounds like a true workhorse. Congrats on putting it back on the road!!

Like Banflu said, enjoy every mile/kilometer you drive in it. It's more than worth it I'm sure [:p]
like shaggy says ... 'wasnt me!' [:p]

·
Registered
1988 560 SL
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
285,000 miles and the previous owner said the oil was changed according to MB recomended intervals. I'm just amazed how a car with so many miles runs so well(knock on wood).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts