Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Obsidian, hard to tell versus standard black in these photos. It rained here all weekend, and if it had been sunny the color rendition in the photos would be better. In person, even in the garage or on an overcast day, the difference between Obsidian and standard black is very obvious. I'm happy to report that the color swatches (both exterior and interior) in the SLK brochure are very representative of the real thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Nice car. Nice house too. The two tone red and black interior really says "I'm an SLK 55". Enjoy your car. Congratulations.

Mel

·
Registered
W116, W126, R170.
217 Posts
Hi Shark 22,

Great car, beautiful neighbourhood. Looks like you have the lot.

Best wishes,

Agent 1 [8D]

·
Registered
SLK 350
200 Posts
Excellent Snaps...do you prefer solid black or obsidian?

I have orderes obsidian 55AMG coming next month - and am selling my 350 this month..

Could you tell me if the leather is the normal Dusky Red Nappa leather and it comes two tone as standard or is that designo you have ordered?

I have ordered red leather and thought it would be same as my 350 - all red leather seats..

Thanks

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shry - 4/4/2005 5:43 AM

Excellent Snaps...do you prefer solid black or obsidian?

I have orderes obsidian 55AMG coming next month - and am selling my 350 this month..

Could you tell me if the leather is the normal Dusky Red Nappa leather and it comes two tone as standard or is that designo you have ordered?

I have ordered red leather and thought it would be same as my 350 - all red leather seats..

Thanks
Shry, I like both blacks. I originally ordered the standard black, but then changed my order after seeing a car in person in Obsidian. The color is much prettier than you can see in the photos here. Actually I like Opal the best, but it's not a standard SLK color here in the states, and the upcharge to get a custom color is huge. There have been some past discussions on this forum regarding standard black versus Obsidian, I think it comes down to personal preference. My advise would be to see both colors in person before ordering. The black and red seats are one of the standard choices here in the U.S., and I beleive it is one of the standard choices in the U.K., too.

·
Registered
SLK 350
200 Posts
Thanks Shark22.....

I have never seen solid black - but its too late - I have ordered obsidian and think I will prefer it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts