Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new car to the forum!

before someone asks, interior pics will be taken and posted in a bit. [:)] this is right after I got her back from Elite Auto Haus in Jessup MD. I have to mention them because I have never had such a good experience in all my life. not kidding. I'll talk more about them in another post.

so, what do you think????

Attachments

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
very nice. what will make it a beauty is just go to autozone or kragen or something like that and buy some eagle on tire shine or something. that will make your car even more beautiful. i used it on mine and the rims appear to shine even more

·
Registered
570 Posts
Your car is gorgeous. I love the look of the late-model W124 and the 320 motor is awesome. I wish you the best of luck with your perfect automobile. If you are like me, then you will try to keep it as long as you possibly can. Just fix anything that breaks, keep some wax on the paint, and maybe your love affair can last 500K miles.

I have the 1995 sedan

·
Registered
1992 300E
35 Posts
Congratulations!
This shows that you know how to pick a nice car and take great pictures. Enjoy your car.

·
BenzWorld W124 Host
1993 300E 3.2L 24V
1,088 Posts
Looks nice, keep it that way

-Regular washes with a Deep Crystal Soap.
-Zymol, Zaino, Meguiars, Mothers wax. Wax atleast 3 times a year. 3 coats each time.
-Eagle One Wheel and Tire cleaner, keep the junk off the wheels
-Eagle One Endurance Shine tire gel, comes in a bottle, it's purple.
-Rain-X and Invisible glass, keep it clear and wonder why you even need wipers.
-Lexol leather products, pH balanced cleaner and the conditioner.
-Regular oil changes using a high quality filter and quality motor oil.

Other than that, drive and enjoy. Don't slack on maintenance and she'll love you back just as much as you love her.

Welcome to the community.

-Tubs

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lnkprksoldier - 3/25/2005 9:00 PM

very nice. what will make it a beauty is just go to autozone or kragen or something like that and buy some eagle on tire shine or something. that will make your car even more beautiful. i used it on mine and the rims appear to shine even more
yup.... you're right. the tires were a little dry that day. thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Six_wheeler - 3/26/2005 5:17 AM

She's a beauty. And the fact that it's completely stock makes it stand out even more. Keep it that way and it'll soon become a classic.

Shady
you know, I have to say that I agree with you. I like the stock look, I mean hey, lower it? maybe in the future, but just a *little* bit. a few little mods here and there? sure. clear corners definitely updated the look.

next project is to hook up the back-up sensor system. fortunately this forum has provided all the info I needed-- special thanks to vili1982 and the ever helpful "search" function.

Your car is gorgeous. I love the look of the late-model W124 and the 320 motor is awesome. I wish you the best of luck with your perfect automobile. If you are like me, then you will try to keep it as long as you possibly can. Just fix anything that breaks, keep some wax on the paint, and maybe your love affair can last 500K miles.

I have the 1995 sedan
thanks! what I want from you are those rims.... I have ALWAYS wanted rims like that. [:D]

Congratulations!
This shows that you know how to pick a nice car and take great pictures. Enjoy your car.
can you believe the camera is a Kodak 2.1 megapixel? someone gave it to me and I almost threw the thing away!

SMOKIE, thanks too!

Looks nice, keep it that way

-Regular washes with a Deep Crystal Soap.
-Zymol, Zaino, Meguiars, Mothers wax. Wax atleast 3 times a year. 3 coats eac........
Tubs what can I say, that is exactly what I needed. I've had almost every car out there which is why I got this. this is the one I'm most interested in taking care of. thanks for the info. needed it!

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
car looks Sharp!! Tyre shine is Not my thing.. Makes a car look tacky IMHO. Liquid silicone gives the tyre a fresh matte finish, helps the rubber hold up as well.

Also works great on all your door/trunk/window seals. Helps keep them pliable as well as cleaning off oxidation.

Jonathan

·
Registered
300E
100 Posts
I think your car is shit. Look how your left wiper isn't straight! You're a disgrace to the Mercedes-Benz community. If the makers of your German sport luxury coupe saw this horrible bastardization of their perfect, efficient, and otherwise flawless design and manufacture, they would surely spit on you. [:D][:D][:D]

OK, seriously now, it's pretty sexy..

Attachments

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cowtown's havin a cow!

CowtownBallin - 3/27/2005 4:03 AM

I think your car is shit. Look how your left wiper isn't straight! You're a disgrace to the Mercedes-Benz community. If the makers of your German sport luxury coupe saw this horrible bastardization of their perfect, efficient, and otherwise flawless design and manufacture, they would surely spit on you. [:D][:D][:D]

OK, seriously now, it's pretty sexy..
hold on there cowtown.... I got something for you....

heh-heh.... [}:)]

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
hahahahahahah youre quite comical . anyways.. is there a way to get all 4 lights in the front to work? only the two on the side work for me.. the bigger one in the rectangular one. the one farther to the inside. the circular inner ones don't work :( i turn the knob all the way to the right then pull back to put the head lights on then i got something to hold it back, i went up, and only the outter ones were lighting up.. is that how its supposed to be? is it an illusion? or is there a trick to it. and nice picture there scoop

·
Registered
E320 Coupe
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
British Beauty

now THAT is what I'm talking about.... sweet mercy that looks nice. some questions for you...

what size rims are those, and what kind of tires do you have? also, did you lower the car at all? and finally, how the HECK do you get in and out of that garage?

·
Registered
W124 E220 Coupe
6 Posts
Thanks scoop!

They are 18 x 8.0 front with 225/40 and 18 x 8.5 rear with 255/35 AMG replica alloys.

Car is not lowered because it rubs out on the rear at the moment with a good load on board, need to get the arches (fenders) rolled first!

The garage is quite odd actually...That is the back of my garage, the door is a slidy-uppy one and basicly you drive through the garage to get to where I park the car....there is no room to manouvre it once you are parked, and if you park another car in the garage you are screwed all together!

Does this make sense? They got some odd ideas over here, everything is downsized by 40%

How is the power on the old straight six? I only have the 220 model, shabby old 4 cylinder with only 150Bhp [:(]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts