Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Is that large Bundt wheel image one of a polished type? The lip looks shiny, definitely not painted. That's what I'd like to do with mine. Where was this taken? More pics!! :p

·
Registered
1984 300 TD-T
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics were taken in May 2005 I think. They are the 15 inch "Barock" (Baroque in German) ATS alloys. Apparently they are still obtainable in Germany?

Check out the link I posted, that's where they came from. Apparently it was some sort of w123 meet.

·
Registered
83 300d turbo, 79 c123 AMG
1,870 Posts
Damn those are some nice cars. I wish mine were as nice. Looks like that was one hell of a meet. Maybe someday I'll get some of the 15" rims. They look really nice.

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300TD wagon
1,048 Posts
Ok, where do you get the chin spoiler? Pretty spiffy if you ask me!

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300TD wagon
1,048 Posts
Can you buy aftermarket versions of them? Perhaps it would make my car look incredibly stupid, but still I'm curious! It would make my car *slightly* more aerodynamic than a brick!

·
Registered
1984 300 TD-T
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not that I am aware of, or we'd probably see more members with them on!

As an aside, before AMG was bought out by Daimer Benz, AMG parts were sold in the U.S. Rumor has it that a guy who sold these parts in Richmond, California bought out the entire North American supply when AMG was bought out. So somewhere in Northern California, there's a huge stockpile of vintage AMG parts :)

The w126 guys were talking about it in a thread that's no longer available. Here's what they said:

Jomac,

I'm not going to get into the whole discussion about Barry Taylor and his skills with motors, etc.
It was Satish Tummala's engine that blew up and he and Barry do not see eye to eye on what caused it.

You should know that he has worked on these vehicles for some 40-odd years (he is in his 70s) and, more importantly, he bought the entire inventory of AMG West (the US part of AMG) when Daimler-Benz bought AMG back in 1993.

In other words, he has a treasure trove of parts, upgrades, kits, service manuals,.... and knowledge about these cars and, being located in California, he knows all about the DMV hassles.

Give him a call at 510-235-3990. Can't hurt.

I sure would call, if I only had the $$$$

·
Registered
1984 300 TD-T
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's another shot of a 15 inch ATS Baroque wheel. Definately a nice polished lip!

Found in the galleries at www.123.de

·
Registered
1980 280te 1979 Rabbit D 1969 Triumph T100C
1,406 Posts
That 230ce is pretty much the hottest thing on the block this year witht he orenge/red wagon coming in a close second. Imagine the wagon with those 18's mmmmmmmmmm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts