Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pics of a w126 SEC with the 3-piece AMG ducktail fitted please ?

Just curious as to how it's incorporated with the garnish moulding that runs all the way along the lower edge of the SEC bootlid ?

cheers

talbir

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
Talbir, I have a few pictures (both SEC and SEL) I collected of the 3 piece ducktail spoiler. Here's the best one showing it from up close. I believe the ducktail is held on by the same way as its on my w201(same design ducktail)... which is by screws.

Attachments

·
Registered
'91 560SEC
940 Posts
it looks like they ditched the SEC chrome for some SEL chrome on the trunk. for some reason the original chrome just wouldn't look right, probably as bad as that rear reflector :(

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Snibble !

That's exactly what I was looking for. I had a feeling the SEC chrome was replaced and the Sedan chrome used instead.

Unless you have any pics of the ducktail with the SEC chrome....

I have just acquired the original homologated AMG w126 ducktail set and was curious as to whether it was actually different for sedan and coupe, which it appears not to be.

talbir

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
talbir said:
Cheers Snibble !

That's exactly what I was looking for. I had a feeling the SEC chrome was replaced and the Sedan chrome used instead.

Unless you have any pics of the ducktail with the SEC chrome....

I have just acquired the original homologated AMG w126 ducktail set and was curious as to whether it was actually different for sedan and coupe, which it appears not to be.

talbir

Hi Talbir... none of the pictures I have show the chrome SEC trim. I don't think there's room for it as it may be covered up by the spoiler. The trunk spoiler (3 piece AMG ducktail) is exactly the same between the sedan and coupe.

·
Registered
Euro 1989`500 SEC "Buffalo soldiers edition"
46 Posts
Looks pretty nice. :) That "ducktail might suit quite well with some smooth bodykit. Those ducktails may be just quite rare :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts