This was taken from Autospies. It looks nice... [:D]

http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=4155

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now the cladding comes off...

The story behind this picture is that this vehicle was actually used as a prototype in a focus group back in 2002. However, looking at the photos that I've posted above, it's quite easy to see the resemblance to the new photo I have posted.

Here's the pdf that contains some interior details of the upcoming replacement.

http://www.autospies.com/images/uploads/medium/SPECIAL%20REPORT%20v2.pdf

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The area consisting of the below the front bumper looks too similar to the current generation Toyota Camry sedan.

·
Registered
07 s550 4matic black/black
240 Posts
it is my understanding that the new s-klasse will have new powerplants as well. short wheelbase (swb) (in europe only like now?) and long wheelbase (lwb) chassis with the following mix of engines:

1. a base 3.5-liter 272-hp V6. (presumably for the swb offering in europe -- carrying a trunk nomenclature of (guessing) s350??)

2. a 4.7-liter 325-hp V8. (lwb 's470' (guessing) to replace current s430??)

3. a 5.5-liter 410-hp V8. (almost certainly a lwb 's550' (guessing) to replace the current s500??)

4. a 5.5-liter 500-hp twin-turbo-charged V12. ('s600' carryover (guessing))

5. and of course the amg in some sort of dressing.

all new engines will reportedly have the 7g-tronic seven-speed automatic transmission.

4matic? probably on some/ all models?

whatever ,,, another year away ,,, but fun to speculate. cheers.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
I don't know if anyone feels the same but everytime a new MB model comes out, it takes me 2 years to "accept" the look.

I used to hate the look of the current S class (W220) and E class (W211) but I think they look good now [:)]. I am pointing my "issues" to the new S class and the ML class now [:D]

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Mercedes builds excellent cars. I didn't really like the current E-class; it took a while gettng used to. Now I feel that the E-class is decent and respectable.

I really don't like the upgraded W164 M-class. I've always admired the S-class design. This newer one that will be coming out might not look so different on the outside, but from the inside it is nothing more than a BMW 7 series knockoff. [:(]

Eh, I'm not writing this one off until I get my test drive!!! [:)]

·
Registered
S320 CDi
14 Posts
i prefer the look of my one

the new one looks a bit lexus-ish , all that squared off stuff

i love the fluidity of the current s-class , it's a really beautiful car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts