Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350 AMG
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to be able to post any pics to the first thread in the R171 forum, so I'm having to add them in this new message instead.

This is my first 'real' post in the MB forums. Hope I'll be adding a few more in the future.

Here are a few pics of my new, SLK 350 AMG which I picked up two weeks ago. So far, I've managed 501 miles of amazing, fun driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 200, Golf V GTI
269 Posts
Congratulations and welcome! That's a beautiful colour combination you've got there, and those wheels must certainly pull a bit of attention!

·
Registered
SLK 350 AMG
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Roberta. Glad you like the look.

They're just standard wheels (for the SLK350 AMG). The dealer wanted $1495 to change the rims to chrome ones as an extra option on the car. However, all they do is send the wheels to a tire and wheel warehouse, who swap them out and put the tires on the pre-chromed ones they have in stock. I found out where they have it done, and simply went there and got the job done myself, for $600 + tax. (No doubt dealers pay even less than that.)

Virtually any decent tire shop that deals in chrome wheels should be able to arrange a swap-out for you at a similar price. Just call around. (BTW. The rims must be in good shape, with not too many miles on them,)

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Very nice...welcome to the group...hope to see you somewhere on CA roads....[:D][8D][:D][8D][:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts