Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well having sold my last SL, a 1992 500sl with full Carlsson kit/wheels, i purchassed a Brabus W124. Unfortunately someone came into the back of me and the car was sadly written off. I deeply regretted selling the SL so i decided to buy another one. I was initially looking for a SL60 but came across this SL600 instead with the full AMG kit/wheels. With 40k on the clock its a low mileage looked after example.The car drove perfect, alot smoother than the V8 due to its active suspension. I loved the colour and being bored of silver cars this was just perfect. An added bonus was the fact that the gearbox was replaced at Mercedes 2 months ago at a cost of £6500 when the gearbox seal had failed and the owner failed to notice the lack of oil . And it had a £1500 service done so is running silky smooth, a set of new tyres and a new alpine MP3 player! How could i refuse??

·
Registered
SUPERCHARGED Silver Arrow
2,126 Posts
That is one beautiful car you got there. Lots of luck and enjoy it. [:)]

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
What a beauty!

Now move that steering wheel back to where it belongs...

[:D]

·
Registered
500 SL, 190 2,5D
32 Posts
Pigzmickey - 5/14/2005 2:17 PM

nav_bhandher - 5/6/2005 10:31 PM

Well having sold my last SL, a 1992 500sl with full Carlsson kit/wheels,...

Here's mine in black, why have your pictures disapeared from both forums?
How do you polish your car? it is truly immaculate.

·
Registered
500 SL, 190 2,5D
32 Posts
Hmmm, I checked Supagard's webpage and realized it needs to be applied professionally in Britain. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark, so it's a bit inconvenient to go to the UK for polishing ;-)

Thanks anyway I will find something locally.

Best regards

Walther

·
Registered
SL 600
45 Posts
Cmdr737 - 5/15/2005 11:13 AM

Hmmm, I checked Supagard's webpage and realized it needs to be applied professionally in Britain. I live in Copenhagen, Denmark, so it's a bit inconvenient to go to the UK for polishing ;-)

Thanks anyway I will find something locally.

Best regards

Walther
I use Diamondbrite on my motorbike, that's cool as well. You can buy both Supagard & Diamondbrite on eBay, you can use it at home too. Just follow the instructions fully...

Attachments

·
Registered
500 SL, 190 2,5D
32 Posts
Well I don't know about that. I checked on Ebay and the first item that came up on a search on "Supagard" was this warning from the manufacturers of Supagard:

"It has been drawn to our attention that numerous so called valeters are selling our products through the ebay system. We have studied closely each item and would recommend that the general public do not buy anything Supagard related from any online auction.

We have purchased several of these auctioned items and have discovered most of them are either out of date or in some cases the chemicals have crystalised and would have an adverse effect on the car's paintwork.

All Supagard Products with the exeption of our AfterCare range are sold directly to car dealerships. These products can only be applied by professionally trained valeters with the proper protective clothing, masks and gloves."

·
Registered
SL 600
45 Posts
It worked for me...

I guess if we all followed the manufacturers recommendations, we'd never even use a can of spray paint!?! But the car manufacturers would have booming profits...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts