Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
03 E500
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
97 E420 with AMG Monoblock 3-piece wheels, Eibach lowering springs with KYB-A gas shocks, projector headlights and clear marker lights.

·
Registered
573 Posts
excellent!

beautiful paintwork.

·
Registered
98 e320
85 Posts
Looks good. Suggestions: Debadge the trunk, >'01 tail lamps, remove hood star and replace with flat emblem, high flow exhaust with resonator removed, wheelskin steering wheel leather, instrument chrome rings, burlwood shift knob, K&N filter, and Alpine head unit for vastly improved sound.

·
Registered
03 E500
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, e320 mule, your car looks good, nice clean look. could you post a pic of the chrome instrument panel rings? That sounds like a good way to update the look of the instrument cluster. Also, where can I find them? Ebay maybe? A good Alpine head unit really woke up your sound system? I have the original Bose 10 speaker system w/ CD changer, and have invested over $2000 into a high-end system in another vehicle(doing all of the labor myself), and I was surprised that the factory Bose on the E sounded almost as good, just lacking in bass clarity and punch (no REAL subs in the factory Bose) I thought that a custom exhaust would really sound nice w/ the V8, my SL500 came stock with a throatier exhaust, and sounds great at full throttle. The 420 makes neat valvetrain and induction sounds at high RPMs, but no muscle car growl like the SL. Any thoughts on the best sounding exhaust?

·
Registered
98 e320
85 Posts
I took the exhaust from my 5-series http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1202534&posts=8&hl=exhaust and Meineke wedged it in the e320. Remus, Supersprint, etc. can get pretty expensive. I have a Magnaflow on my BMW 3-series that cost $140 shipped from ebay. It sounds better than a Supersprint. Basically, take a tape measure and see how much space you have, then go to www.magnaflow.com, find the one that fits and the look you want, then get it off ebay. Meineke will get it on there for less than a $100 even taking out the resonator and custom extending the double pipes. Burlwood knob, chrome rings, and Alpine also from ebay. YEs, the Alpine really wakes up the Bose system. I may consider doing MBQuarts, but am quite happy with the improved sound for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts