Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Adirondaks this weekend and thought I'd post some pics of my 400E... And yes, it does need a wash -- I swear it was sparkling clean before the 260-mile trip [8D]

Attachments

·
Registered
E500, C43 AMG, E280
328 Posts
wow thats a beautiful 400E...I think you should upgrade the headlight to Euro spec...really makes a difference!

How was the car doing a 260Mile trip?

·
Registered
1989 560SEL
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
abbam - 2/13/2005 1:37 PM

wow thats a beautiful 400E...I think you should upgrade the headlight to Euro spec...really makes a difference!

How was the car doing a 260Mile trip?
thanks for the compliment [:D] i was driving 85mph for pretty much the whole time and it was completely quiet and stable. honestly, it's better at gobbling up the highway than even my 560SEL is.

i agree with the headlight comment, but this car is not a keeper so i've stopped investing unnecessary money into it. it just got a tune-up and some electrical problems sorted out (see my other recent threads for details) but it still has an occasional idle surge problem and both A-pillars are rusting out. nothing major, and the car should be fine for a while, but my girlfriend and i have started looking for a replacement [:(]

·
Registered
E500, C43 AMG, E280
328 Posts
You are right about the car, just do the necessary stuff and cruise it around!

If your getting tired of the 400E and thinking of changing the beast, I definatly recommend you trade it for the 500E [:D] Fire & Silk on the highway...think about it [8D]

Take it easy man, and drive safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts