Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
AMG 10Jx21". Does it need lowering what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
06 ML350
88 Posts
AMG 10Jx21". Does it need lowering what do you think?
I have never been a big fan of lowering trucks/suvs, how about the flares that I have read about? I have never seen them, I assume they are some type of body part makes the wheel well curve smaller. I just picked up an 06 ML350 with 17s and because the rubber is a bit larger the gap is not bothering me too much.

How do you like your MTECH color temp vs say the 6500 kit? I don't have xenons and after driving the ML last night (compare to my A4 w Xenons) the light is not that bright. I don't need the light to be really blue/purple, but I do want that xenon white and better light pattern than the halogens.

BTW those rims are pretty damn phat

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree it needs flares before lowering.
But to complete the look, the Eibach springs are also needed. (minus 1.5 inch I think)

BTW was it you that got those wheels for 2300 GBP? Can you tell us where?!?

·
Registered
08 ML350
8 Posts
I'm having the running boards installed next week and will look at the flares also. I'm looking at the AMG wheels but they are around $5000.00 US, without tires. I'd like to go a little wider and put some nice rotors on and powder coat the brake calipers.

·
Registered
2007 ML63 AMG
452 Posts

·
Registered
08 ML350
8 Posts
Yes sir, Very nice. Where did you get the wheels? Also, how did you get the calipers painted? Did you buy them or take them off yourself? Any problems bleeding them out after? Also, did you put different rotors on I can't tell? Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 ML63 AMG
452 Posts
Yes sir, Very nice. Where did you get the wheels? Also, how did you get the calipers painted? Did you buy them or take them off yourself? Any problems bleeding them out after? Also, did you put different rotors on I can't tell? Thanks.
All my mods were completed by a local custom shop, the wheels are HRE 647R, I had an opporunity to get them cheap from a freind (certainly not retail prices) The shop powercoated/baked the calipers, they are stock /AMG as are the rotors. PM for the shop details if interested.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,167 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts