Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Pics of an ML with chrome accents

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  thinkman 
#1 ·
:bowdown: In reponse to the posting asking for pics of an ML with most of the chrome accents. I think I have everything except the window switch accents. for that area I went with something matching my dash.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
abbe, the all the light housing covers can be pulled off. use a small flat head screw driver to pop the covers off. AsianML, thx, the rear is really my attempt to bring the mesh look found in the front grill and front fog covers into the back, i figured not too many people would have these...

#5 · (Edited)
Chrome

mbluxdriver99 said:
:bowdown: In reponse to the posting asking for pics of an ML with most of the chrome accents. I think I have everything except the window switch accents. for that area I went with something matching my dash.
Your image compression program has screwed up the aspect ratio of the photos.
Anyway llokks good, except I'm not feeling the chorme mirror covers.

#6 ·
mbluxdriver99 said:
:I think I have everything except the window switch accents. for that area I went with something matching my dash.
You don't have the chrome window pillars [they're available on eBay].

A little too much bling for me but looks nice.

Would like to see your window switch accents.

Now did all of this come as part of your "stealth" package? Or did you pick up the items piecemeal?

#7 ·
I got all the trim piecemeal. the stealth package is a technology package which has minimal to no visablility inside the car. It includes, SAT TV, BLUETOOTH RADAR, WIFI INTERNET ACCESS, SOUND UPGRADE, SECURITY UPGRADE, INTERIOR/EXTERIOR AMBIENT LIGHTING SYSTEM, AND DASH UPGRADE, NAV TV, FRONT NIGHT VISION CAMERA, BACKUP CAMERA, IN DASH XBOX 360\ FULL WIRELESS CONTROLLERS, 4 SOURCE VIDEO AND WIRELESS HEADSETS, INTERIOR SUEDE UPGRADE AND STITCHING, REAR HEATED\MASSAGE SEATS. I agree with and understand the too much bling concept but the original idea was to offer it as a option sample for service depts to be able to offer whatever options you wanted including trim, etc. There are a few extreme options for putting it in car shows which are not pictured as well.

I have carbon fiber on the door pillars now but I also do have the chrome ones in the garage if I feel like changing them.

#8 ·
Can You Share Your Piecemeal Source[s]?

mbluxdriver99 said:
I got all the trim piecemeal.
Can you share your source?

For instance, I'm interested in the nickel-chrome dash rings and would be interested in something similar surrounding the power window switches. You stated you went with a different trim but didn't post pictures. Can you?

I'm also interested in the chrome pieces of door guard trim.

Haven't seen these items from any commercial source [have seen them for the older W163].

Thanks.

#12 ·
FABULOUS CAR! DID u do any mods to the motor, and is it an ml350 or 500? 500 from the looks of it but could be wrong. The rear will look better if u use a different image compressor. AMAZING AMAZING CAR! I WANT IT!

#14 ·
Everyone has different tastes, don't be like that, some of it looks pretty nice.

#18 ·
whats the gain in power and what do u think of the chip if possible give us some specs like price and all.

#20 ·
The gain is noticable especially if you use a sprint booster in conjunction with both changes (powerchip & k&N). My buddy convinced me when he did it with his ML and I drove it. I know only one person with the same setup and he actually dyno tested his car. The increase of about 18HP and you should be using only "93 octane fuel" Basically the car is more fun to drive and will at times feel like SPORT mode shifting when you floor the throttle or use a sprint booster.

oh yes and the engine sound is a slightly higher growl.

powerchip 699
k&n (60x2) 120
sprintbooster 325

#21 · (Edited)
thanx for the info sounds like ur really enjoying ur ML STEALTH. I also would advise u to change ur foglamps to the curve illuminating ones they look and function great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.