Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the first pictures I have of the car and they aren't very good. But I'm trying to show the 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 wheel setup. The back wheels have quite a dish to them and look really well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 slk55 amg/ performance pkg.
191 Posts
The white looks realy realy good on the slk.
mine will be here in aweeeeeeekkkkk.
I like your tint, what is the tint %.
You should change the attena. I ordered the sl white and i am painiting the bottom part white as well. that should look sharp.
further i will be intalling ion yelow for the fog lights. the original halogen looks ok the bi xinon,
finally I realy likre the rims please post some more info about them. are they original MB. what tires did you decide on.

Please post as many pic as you can I love the color and the car. post pic .

By the way you should put the reae spoiler.
Cool.

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The window tint is 35% on the front two and 20% on the back and small sides. I have recently installed the AMG rear spoiler, it does look very good and compliments the car even more. The wheels are from Awesome Wheels in California. I got them with Perilli PZero Nero tires, 225/40 front and 255/35 rear mounted and balanced on the wheels all for $1600. The wheels are MB/Brabus replicas. They are made in Germany, and that's about all I know about them. The finish on them is perfect as I was worried at the price how nice they would be. I was pleasantly surprised! I will try to get some outdoor shots of some good side views and post them sometime soon. I still have Brabus sport springs sitting in a box waiting to be installed. Just not quite positive I want to lower it another 1/2" or not. Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi there,

The tyres u using got to be careful. Loss of Tyre pressure will result tear on the sidewalls...

Cheers...

·
Registered
SLK350 AMG Sport
334 Posts
The wheels look great! I too have a white SLK350 with AMG option. I may get the same tires/wheels you did and use my OEM wheels for the winter snows.

I do have run-flats now. Does anyone know if you can switch back and forth between run-flats and non-run-flats?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Original Brabus, or are they replicas?

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
Your new wheels look great.
Did you end up paying less for them by not ordering from a MB dealer?
Also, if its OK, could you range what the cost is for this modification?
Thanks!

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shinigami - 3/11/2005 9:26 AM

Original Brabus, or are they replicas?
They are replicas. No way could I have gotten these wheels and tires from Brabus for $1600. I may have paid a little over that but it wasn't much. It was a great deal.

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
Nuke:

Do you have a contact for the Company you purchased these wheels from that you could share?

Name and phone number or email address?

Also, did the Mercedes Star Center Cap come with the wheels, or did you use the one from your stock wheels?

·
Registered
slk 350
126 Posts
nuke slk I too would like the company name and maybe there internet address.The wheels look super.I'll be picking up my slk in 2 weeks.It will be in this week but i'm heading to fla for a golf trip.I'll never be able to concentrate on golf.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
NukeSLK - 3/10/2005 9:17 PM

The window tint is 35% on the front two and 20% on the back and small sides. I have recently installed the AMG rear spoiler, it does look very good and compliments the car even more. The wheels are from Awesome Wheels in California. I got them with Perilli PZero Nero tires, 225/40 front and 255/35 rear mounted and balanced on the wheels all for $1600. The wheels are MB/Brabus replicas. They are made in Germany, and that's about all I know about them. The finish on them is perfect as I was worried at the price how nice they would be. I was pleasantly surprised! I will try to get some outdoor shots of some good side views and post them sometime soon. I still have Brabus sport springs sitting in a box waiting to be installed. Just not quite positive I want to lower it another 1/2" or not. Thanks for the compliments.
Do you know the tint manufacturer? Huper Optic....Llumar? Was the tint dealer installed?

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Phone # for Awesome Wheels is 626-256-4908 - their email is [email protected] For anyone interested in ordering the wheels you will also need a pair of 5mm spacers for the front. The offset both front and rear is 35mm and you need 30mm with the 8 1/2" front. Eibach sells them for $70. Brabus does the exact same thing. All their wheels are 35mm also.

The window tint was installed locally by a small business that does most of the Mercedes Dealers cars. I took it their myself. Don't know what brand tint, but it has a lifetime warranty. I can take it back anytime for repair/replacement. They charge a little more for our cars than a standard two door due to the roof having to be partially open to apply the rear tint. And maybe b/c I was in a Benz? I was charged $235 for mine. I'm very pleased with it, and happy with the 35% front to maintain a legal status. With the back being 20%, the front looks darker when looking in the car.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
Great looking wheels, man! I love them a lot.
My 55 is on the water and I shall get it at the end of this month. I will start looking for wheels pretty soon. I may go fro the same.

Thanks for sharing the photos. Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
05 SLK 55,06 E55 AMG
18 Posts

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
nukeslk,

did you notice any performance difference between the original wheels and your monoblocks? I assume you originally had the 5 spoke amg wheels. I am looking at possibly making the same change but was concerned about a performance decrease. Also, do your wheels every rub? Any info would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dsb - 4/6/2005 12:57 PM

nukeslk,

did you notice any performance difference between the original wheels and your monoblocks? I assume you originally had the 5 spoke amg wheels. I am looking at possibly making the same change but was concerned about a performance decrease. Also, do your wheels every rub? Any info would help. Thanks.
I do not have any idea. I drove the car home from the dealership (30mi) with the 5 spokes. I changed the wheels when I got home. I now have about 600 miles on my car and I will guarantee that this setup does NOT rub anywhere. Looks perfect performs perfect.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts