Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to get the ol girl detailed and minor bumper scuffs buffed out, undercarriage sanded and 'black painted" and bumper re-aligned...

Here are some pics of the ol girl as well as some pics of the work in progress from some of the cars being repaired at Invisible Touch.

I "volunteered" to take the Porsche on a test drive final QA :)

Final touches on a Rolls Royce....

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much did it cost??

and your car looks like new again. its sweet!!
The complete interior, engine, exterior detail was $200.
And yes it does look and smell new again. I do this spring cleaning once a year and really refreshes the car. He does every nook and cranny and relubes hinges, etc.

Also, I live in the city - so the car's bumpers can get scuffed and alignment thrown off by really really crappy drivers over here. So I find realigning clips, buffing scuff marks, etc really helps. The under carriage (as visible from the rear of the car) was starting to get surface rust marks. He sanded that down and sprayed rustoleum high temp black paint. For that I paid another $200.

So for $400 I have what feels and looks like a new ML :D

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Dang, that's not a bad price! What kind of exterior detailing does he include for the first $200?

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Looks great. Should improve gas mileage at highway speeds.:)

·
Premium Member
2006 E55: 1999 ML430; 2002 E430 4matic; 1988 190E 2.3; 1993 XL883
301 Posts
The complete interior, engine, exterior detail was $200.
And yes it does look and smell new again. I do this spring cleaning once a year and really refreshes the car. He does every nook and cranny and relubes hinges, etc.

Also, I live in the city - so the car's bumpers can get scuffed and alignment thrown off by really really crappy drivers over here. So I find realigning clips, buffing scuff marks, etc really helps. The under carriage (as visible from the rear of the car) was starting to get surface rust marks. He sanded that down and sprayed rustoleum high temp black paint. For that I paid another $200.

So for $400 I have what feels and looks like a new ML :D
Wow! Looks great. Well worth the $400

·
Registered
2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
2,126 Posts
Your ML is looking seriously nice!

I would like to know how he sanded the undercarriage. I may be stubborn enough to do it myself.

·
Registered
2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
2,126 Posts
Damn!! I just realized that this shop is just around the corner from where I work! I work on the Hanscom AFB. I'll probably pass it going to lunch today. If you're in the area often, we have probably passed each other on occasion. How cool is that?

another thing... When I searched for the location using google maps and selected street view, there was an ML on route 4. It looks just like mine. I panicked! But I moved in closer to see that the driver is a real hottie!... Not unlike myself, of course, but of the opposite gender. ;)

Edit: I stopped here during lunch. Cool place! Of course, I couldn't tell them that "Roadsession" sent me. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts