Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Great website![:D] I took some pics of my 03 E class today. Thought i'd post them up. I've got staggerred(spell?) 19"AMG's w/ 275/30 rears and 245/35 fronts. I did the suspension about a year ago. I've had the car for almost three years. My lease is up in a few months and i'm pretty sure that i'm going for an 05 alpine white E46 //M3 next. Here's what i thought of the w211 experience.

Exterior:
Loved the exterior looks of the car
Very happy with the handling of the car after suspension mod was done. The car handled great. I'd love to see how the E55 handles, must be fun.
The 19"s never rubbed but I went through three sets of tires in 30k miles. Alignment done on a regular basis.
I'd get compliments on the car from all different types of people from kids driving ricers to old men in lincolns.

Loved the electronic braking..the car stops on dime..no complaints here.
The car ran fine, no mechanical problems at all.
The car had persistent electronic malfunctions though including lights, radio and windows...pain in the ass.

Interior:
loved the interior
loved the soft leather on the steering and shift knob.
Loved the dash display setup
Loved the "secret compartment" where the CD changer is suppossed to go.
Loved the mood lighting.

Hated the fact that certain '03 w211's had a constant "malfunction" read out on the dash display. Mbz said they had nothing to fix this, up until two years ago.
Hated the soft steering/mushy wheel
Hated the fact that i couldn't use my steering wheel to shuffle through my radio presets.
Hated the fact that after owning the car for one week my rear speakers were blown(don't know how, i rarely crank it up) and everytime i took it back mbz claimed to have fixed it but the problem still persists today.

That's it in a nutshell. The car was fun to own and drive and considering what sedans are available in the same price range(bmw 5er, audi a6) i'd probably get it again if having a sedan as oppossed to a coupe was a necessity.

·
Registered
2003 E500
47 Posts
I am curious and have a few question.

1. What kind of Dunlops were you running and did you have an tire humming with them? (I had 17" Michelins Pilots and they roared horribly)
2. Was the ride affected at all with the 35 series tires?

I want to get some 19's but I havent found a tire in that size I am comfortable with. I have been spoiled by the quietness of the Yoko Avid and the Conti Xtreme Contact. I know the 19 is a differen beast of a tire though.

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
how much harsher is the ride with the H&R springs? and how much was the installation?

btw, you car looks awesome!!!

·
Registered
E320 (w211)
96 Posts
Nice 19 wheels.

I'm currently thinking on buying the Lorinser RS6 19" wheels but I am afraid that the ride will be very harsh. I currently have the E320 sport with the air suspension do you or anybody know the difference between the ride of those two different suspensions with the 19" on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts