Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All -<br>
I just picked up my baby last night from the dealer (silver w/ charcoal, no options). Got it for a few hundred below list. I like to keep the car clean but don't have much time to hand wash. Has anyone experienced rim scraping problems at high end car washes?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never, Ever!!! Did I say never?

Always use a 'touchless' car wash or better yet wash it at home. I've had too many vehicles scratched in the automated carwashes. Plus they bend the hell out of the MB emblem (bomb-sight I've heard it called) on the hood.<br> <br> You also have to be careful of the air-dryer that rolls over your hood.<br> <br> Thankfully I was able to polish out the scratches on my first adventure through an autobrush wash.<br> <br> I about had a friggin' heart attack the first time I washed and waxed it myself after a brush wash. Also, I would suspect that many of the 'tracks' you drive onto are too narrow to accomodate the massive rear tires.<br> <br> Stay away from them!<br> <br> Unfortunately, I bought mine in February and wasn't about to wash it myself outside. Plus my outside water was turned off.<br> <br> Granted the Benz paint seems pretty decent. Much better than my Chrysler 300M (scratches when breathed upon). However I do have numerous rock chips in the front end. G*ddamn Detroit roads.<br> <br> I'll find other means next winter!<br> <br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts