Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E420 - 2007 ML350 Limited - 2011 E350 Cabriolet 2009 E550 Sport
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
`I haven't been posting for a while. Still have the 97 E420 and she still runs strong and Faithful. Planned on replacing her when she finally gave out. Over 2 decades later I realize it may be ME that goes before that car so i got another to take the load off of her. Now I HATE Black Cars. They look great but take too much work to keep them that way and I want to drive , not wash it every 36 hours. Well I saw this car at my guys shop. He had a dealership and the shop for many years until his partner died some year back so he took over the shop and closed the dealership. He still dabbles in cars but never advertises them. they are ONLY for his service customers. Well he ALWAYS gets unbelievable cars! He makes sure they are solid then puts them out. They MAY last a day or week at the most.
This one wasn't even out yet. I just dropped by to tell him to keep an eye out for a E500 for me and let me know if he finds one I would like ( and could afford) . Well he walked me into the building , in back, UNDER another car on a lift in the dark and there it was.

09 E550 Sport! but that wasn't the thing. This car MUST have belonged to a Zillionaire collector because you could not find a SPEC of DUST ANYWHERE in or out of this car. It even SMELLED NEW!
The people who were with me were as shocked as I was. I asked to drive it , he started it up... I reached for my Checkbook.............. Then thought better and took it on a test drive.... 200 feet into THAT drive I wanted to turn back around and pull out my checkbook. Though better and went on my drive.. had my 30 year retired mechanic cousin with me ( coincidence ) and we went for a drive in this absolutely silent smooth missile beast.

When we got back I pulled out my checkbook to put a hold on this baby! It would be ready in 2 weeks. Well I got it. Brought it home and my buddy who collects cars and he went ALL through it , looking in places I didn't know existed and he simply said. This is not possible. This car is too clean. It's better than new.

Even my guy said that it was freaky that even the DRIVERS seat showed no wear... OR the steering wheel buttons.

I don't know how I got so lucky. Timing was right and the stars were aligned.
OH I thought I could find a SURE sign of age and ran out to look at the battery terminals!!!!
Looked BRAND NEW!

This car is spooky clean..so much so I am all tense waiting for that first scratch LOLOL I'm a wreck looking for parking spots etc. It's been too long I guess.
I'll be around asking all sorts of questions about the car. It's loaded so there is a TON for me to read up on and try to learn.

Oh after seeing the paperwork for the transfer I know who owned her. Yeah I was right.

Just thought I'd share.

Nick
0103201321a.jpg
0103201322.jpg
0103201326a_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,558 Posts
Congratulations! That does look like a beautiful car. You're right about black cars being hard to keep looking clean, especially in anything even resembling a dusty area. I have a dark blue car and it's the same thing. But that one...if it's in that good a shape, yeah, time to make an exception!

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,668 Posts
Beautiful...congrats,,
How many miles ?
and who owned it before ?

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,327 Posts
Congratulations on beautiful drive. Black is nice in CA when you have garage to keep it from the dust. I used to wash ours 2-3 times a year and only California duster got more workout.
It is Las Vegas when black car left on open parking lot for lunch can give you 2nd degree burns.
Friend visiting Vegas in his new black MB, left it midday on roof of the garage and heat cooked battery, so he had to call towing.
Coming to clean cars, I usually buy high mileage diesels, but happen to me that car with 150,000 miles was perfectly clean. No ding, no rock chips, only driver seat show slight discoloration.
I heard that about 2006 MB start using ceramic clear coats and they do the trick. By now I have 2nd newer car, who has windshield chips, but paint is perfect.
Enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts