Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tend to prefer stock and will most likely keep my car as such, but I have been curious if anyone here has the chrome trim that goes around the AC controls, the gear shifter and possibly the AC vents? I think the first two bits will look factory and not too "blingy" but not sure on the vent trim. I'd love to see pics of the pieces in your cars and hear your opinions of fitment and if they remain low key and not overly aftermarket looking. Thanks!

·
Registered
'97 C200 Blue
81 Posts
I have the chrome trim around the gear shifter, bought off Ebay, not a perfect fit as I had to add thicker double sided tape to get it to stay and it doesn't sit flush with the wood trim. But overall it looks great, almost as if it was standard. I think that chrome trim for the A/C controls may be overkill though.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'm gonna go with the shifter surround and use contact cement to held it in place but keep it removable for the next owner. My car already has the wood trim on the shifter from the factory, not sure if it's because it's a facelift model or US spec but it was standard for the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts