Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clk 320...sitting on Hr Sport progressive springs, #1 pads in front and rear.
tires are 235,19,35.

Attachments

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
damn..niceee drop...nice and low....wut pad sizes did u go with...and i have H&R sport springs too...but what are h&r PROGRESSIVE sport springs?

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn..niceee drop...nice and low....wut pad sizes did u go with...and i have H&R sport springs too...but what are h&r PROGRESSIVE sport springs?
thanks bro..i appreciate it..i went wt pad #1 in the front and rear..once u go to the dealership ask em pad #1 for E CLASS...
and when i called tirerack, they asked me if i wanted HR sport or hr sport progressive springs and only difference is half of inch only.

·
Registered
The Chicago Transit Authority Bus and Elevated Rail (El) System, Metra, and Taxicabs.
6 Posts
any rub issues?

fenders rolled?

Setup looks SICK.

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any rub issues?

fenders rolled?

Setup looks SICK.
Not at all bro..no rubbing and no fenders rolled either... i appreciate it :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NICE work my friend ! any camber adjustments made?
FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN MY PREVIOUS thread.... No i did not... my alignment is fine but i know for fact my camber is off and down the road it will start wearing from the inside.(ithappened last year when i had my stock tires on and car was lowered)
what do u recommend so i can get it fixed!!! for the front and rear please...

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man that looks sick what part of VA are you in. Did you also change your struts? How much did your springs run you
i live in sterling Va northern part...its close to tysons's corner and reston and 20-25mns away from washington DC depending on traffic.
No i did not change any part of suspension/struts or shocks...still stock.
when i got my springs they were between 200-232 since i rushed em :)

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Clk 320...sitting on Hr Sport progressive springs, #1 pads in front and rear.
tires are 235,19,35.
Looks great.

Couldn't help noticing that your car seems to have quite a defined line that runs from front to back just above the door handles - you can see it run through the petrol cap on some of your pictures. I know that there is very subtle edge that runs along the body work but yours appears to really stand out. Maybe it's the light because it doesn't appear in a couple of the pictures. Makes the car look different.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Supercharged CLk430 street/show car
174 Posts
drop

I dont know if its the angle but the front wheels look wider than the rear?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I suspect that they are not staggered rims, so the rears will sit in more than the front due to the different offset. Spacers would sort that out.

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great.

Couldn't help noticing that your car seems to have quite a defined line that runs from front to back just above the door handles - you can see it run through the petrol cap on some of your pictures. I know that there is very subtle edge that runs along the body work but yours appears to really stand out. Maybe it's the light because it doesn't appear in a couple of the pictures. Makes the car look different.

u are right..i added 2lines that run from the front of the back and its blue and yellow and its painted wt a paint brush and not sticker.

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont know if its the angle but the front wheels look wider than the rear?
u are right and they are due to no spacer in the back and i was gonna get them to match the front even though i never added spacers in the front.

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I suspect that they are not staggered rims, so the rears will sit in more than the front due to the different offset. Spacers would sort that out.

Bro u read my mind..i was gonna start wt a new thread regarding spacers....

how can u get the front like the rear??? thats what I would prefer.
if not, i will get spacers for the rear to look like the front even though i never added spacers (front).
what size do i need?? i have no clue regarding spacers.
thanks for any help if u can offer me.:bowdown:

·
Registered
791 Posts
Bro u read my mind..i was gonna start wt a new thread regarding spacers....

how can u get the front like the rear??? thats what I would prefer.
if not, i will get spacers for the rear to look like the front even though i never added spacers (front).
what size do i need?? i have no clue regarding spacers.
thanks for any help if u can offer me.:bowdown:
Hi mate.

My rims are not staggered - they are replica Carlsson rims. Because my rear wheels sat in more than the fronts, I added 15mm Hubcentric spacers. You can get them from H&R, Eibach (I think) and I'm sure other companies. My spacers are SCC Hubcentric spacers.

You can see a picture of my car on my profile if you want an idea of what it'll look like.

The topic of spacers has been covered a few times, I remember banging on about it so you'll probably find a thread by me if you use the ol' search function.

If you do decide to get spacers, make sure they are Hubcentric. This is important as these spacers are designed to fit snuggly on your hub while also allowing the wheel to fit snuggly onto the spacer. This eliminates any movement of the spacer over time.

You can get various size spacers. I was at first very concerned about saftey (overloading longer wheel bolts with too much weight etc). But I can now say that they are fine and noticably transform the look of your car!

You don't really need to use spacers on the front as you'll probably get rubbing issues. But speak to CLKMAN on this forum if you want them on the front as well.. he has staggered rims and spacers on the front AND rear!!

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi mate.

My rims are not staggered - they are replica Carlsson rims. Because my rear wheels sat in more than the fronts, I added 15mm Hubcentric spacers. You can get them from H&R, Eibach (I think) and I'm sure other companies. My spacers are SCC Hubcentric spacers.

You can see a picture of my car on my profile if you want an idea of what it'll look like.

The topic of spacers has been covered a few times, I remember banging on about it so you'll probably find a thread by me if you use the ol' search function.

If you do decide to get spacers, make sure they are Hubcentric. This is important as these spacers are designed to fit snuggly on your hub while also allowing the wheel to fit snuggly onto the spacer. This eliminates any movement of the spacer over time.

You can get various size spacers. I was at first very concerned about saftey (overloading longer wheel bolts with too much weight etc). But I can now say that they are fine and noticably transform the look of your car!

You don't really need to use spacers on the front as you'll probably get rubbing issues. But speak to CLKMAN on this forum if you want them on the front as well.. he has staggered rims and spacers on the front AND rear!!

my rims are not staggered at all..ALL of em are the same size..i got u, and i will look for 15mm hubcentric.. and i know tirerack has the hr one but did not know they called hubcentric.
thank u for all your help.
mikey

ps: they dont rub in the front as well :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
..thank u for all your help...
No worries.
Like I say, you can get different size spacers, 5mm 10mm 15mm and so on. The company I got mine from even did 60mm spacers! :eek:

Decide how you want the car to look. If you decide to use thick spacers (25mm or thicker), you may end up needing to have your wheel arches rolled. Again, CLKMAN will be able to help you with info on that.

Just so that you know, now that I have the 15mm spacers on, I reckon I still have about 5mm clearance. Which is fine for me. I didn't want to compromise the ride too much. But I reckon I could have gone to a 20mm spacer and still be safe.

The lines you added on your car look great by the way.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts