Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

this is my first post as i just joined at the weekend :thumbsup:

here is a picture of my UK 1997 E280 (straight 6 not V6)

I just bought it last week and its only got 65,000 miles on the clock...i love it!

I also have a couple of small questions......

1.is there any way to stop the message "lamp faulty" after fitting HID's and led sidelights?

2.my car has new brake discs and pads front and rear but sometimes get the message "brake lining wear" can i join the wires from the pad sensors to stop this?

3.my car has 18" AMG wheels with 235 and 265 tyres and the information i have is the tyre pressure should be 2.8(39psi) front and 3.5(50psi) rear...this seems very high...is this correct?

CHEERS GUYS :bowdown:

·
Registered
E-Class 300 TD 1998, E-Cllass 290 TDi 1996, 601 DKB 1982(207D)
117 Posts
I also have a couple of small questions......

1.is there any way to stop the message "lamp faulty" after fitting HID's and led sidelights?

2.my car has new brake discs and pads front and rear but sometimes get the message "brake lining wear" can i join the wires from the pad sensors to stop this?

3.my car has 18" AMG wheels with 235 and 265 tyres and the information i have is the tyre pressure should be 2.8(39psi) front and 3.5(50psi) rear...this seems very high...is this correct?

CHEERS GUYS :bowdown:
Varoom,

Welcome, I just joined as well last week, and there's plenty of good stuff to find over here.
Some answers, or atl least some suggestions.

1. After you have fitted HID's yourself you need to mod the car's diagnosis system, the current that HID's draw from the battery is less then conventional halogen bulbs. You need to go to the MB dealer for this.
Alternatively there are also balllasts available in the after-market shops, which basically fool the diagnose system by mounting a shunt resistor, my personal opionion is that this is not the way to do it....but it works.

2. I think by changing the pads someone has forgotten to mount or to connect new wires. These wires are normally included in the MB supplied pads, but not always in the after-market pads.

3. Tyre pressure is normally indicated inside the tanklid, it is also depending on speed and how many persons are in the car. My E300 running on 235/45 R17 has as I can recall 2.2 bar at the back.

Cheers from Holland,
Ingmar

1 - 2 of 2 Posts