Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been doing a search on the forum to see if I can find any photos of a Diamond/Tellur Silver SLK with Universe Blue Leather interior!!! [8D]

And all the photos I can find don't show the interior very well!!! [:(!]

I've had a look at the interior photos on MBSLK.DE but I feel like they are photos of three different types of blues!!! [:I]

So I'm hoping that there is someone out there with this combination who would be ever so kind and post some good interior shots for me!!! [:D]

And can anyone describe what the colour is like!??!?!?! In the brochure it looks dark but from photos it ranges between dark, to quite a bright light blue!!! [}:)]

I need to spec my car up next week, and am now trying to finally decide between the blue or black leather interior!!! I'm just worried I may find the black a bit depressing in the winter - whereas the blue might break all that black up a bit!!! [8D]

Thanks for any info or photos!!!!

Beverage

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
In the one car that I actually saw with the blue interior, the blue was very bright. I didn't care for it but that was a personal judgement.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Duo-Art - 2/19/2005 5:21 PM

In the one car that I actually saw with the blue interior, the blue was very bright. I didn't care for it but that was a personal judgement.
That's what I'm worried about, is that it might be too bright!!! [8D]

Thanks!!

·
Registered
SLK350/AMG PKG
184 Posts
If you have the SLK brochure, the red in it looks burgandy, or at least a little dark. Then you see it in person and it is a super bright red. I imagine the blue is the same way.

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NukeSLK - 2/20/2005 9:46 PM

If you have the SLK brochure, the red in it looks burgandy, or at least a little dark. Then you see it in person and it is a super bright red. I imagine the blue is the same way.
That's where I differ, I'm afraid. Cause I've found that the red leather in the UK SLK brochure, is actually quite a good match to the look of it in person!! [8)]

I had the red leather demo this morning, and found it quite dark and dusky, not at all that bright!! [:)]

So I'm hoping that the darkness of the blue leather in the brochure is similar to how it will look in person!!! [8D]

·
Registered
Diamond SilverSLK200
106 Posts
Hi!

It may be helpful in making up your mind if you look at the Diamond Silver / Black images I recently posted.

I was concerned that an all black interior might be too heavy and depressing, although I wanted black for as little reflection of light as possible.

Having examined the overall effect internally and externally, I am very pleased indeed with my choice. The black doesn't dominate; neither does it depress. It gives a nice balance of colour against the internal chrome and seat side-colourings, as well as contrasting nicely with the lightness of the silver blue bodywork.

I have had many admiring glances and have only one word of warning:

Do not engage in conversation whilst cleaning the car in a public manual car wash! In Spain it costs €1 for about 2 minutes worth of wash. It takes approximately €4 to go through the whole cycle of washing, rinsing and waxing. On both occasions I have been interrupted by admirers coming across to talk to me during mid-wash, seemingly unaware that to be heard and to hear my reply I have to stop spraying! This is a costly downside to owning a beautiful car! Make your decision carefully!!!

Scott

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ScottMarbella - 2/20/2005 12:39 PM

Hi!

It may be helpful in making up your mind if you look at the Diamond Silver / Black images I recently posted.

I was concerned that an all black interior might be too heavy and depressing, although I wanted black for as little reflection of light as possible.

Scott
Yup, I will admit I have been pouring over your photos and can see that the black interior does look quite good on it!! [8D]

I don't know why, but I quite fancy being different and going with the blue!! Mainly because I am wondering if it brings the blue/green in the paint out more!!! [:D]

Do you know this is gonna be keeping me awake as I try and decide!! [:I]

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
49 Posts
I have the Blue leather interior with Iridium silver and I don't find the blue "bright" in fact if you go to MBUSA.com and select this combo the seats showm in the picture are almost a perfect match to the color, I believe the entire picture is a little dark. I really like this combo as it does seem to be rare and unique.

·
Registered
SLK 350 Diamond blue
102 Posts
I have see the Tell/ Daiamond blue and blue seats combo.
They aren't bright blue, much like the red is a dusky red.
Not sure how the tonings work. I could be predujuced by the sales manager who sold it saying it worked beacause the driver was a woman..
However my wife, who is much beter than colour tones than me, didn't think it would work either.
So we will go for the black or the red seats.(I suspect that the red combo will be pretty rare as well- perhaps for a reason!)

I look at it as something that I could change down the track, there are plenty of after market upholstery places. Problem is that red (and blue) are fashion colours and will probably not be the greatest for resale. But then , you are buying it for yourself!

·
Registered
SLK 350 Diamond blue
102 Posts
I have see the Tell/ Daiamond blue and blue seats combo.
They aren't bright blue, much like the red is a dusky red.
Not sure how the tonings work. I could be predujuced by the sales manager who sold it saying it worked beacause the driver was a woman..
However my wife, who is much beter than colour tones than me, didn't think it would work either.
So we will go for the black or the red seats.(I suspect that the red combo will be pretty rare as well- perhaps for a reason!)

I look at it as something that I could change down the track, there are plenty of after market upholstery places. Problem is that red (and blue) are fashion colours and will probably not be the greatest for resale. But then , you are buying it for yourself!

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've had a look on the MBUSA site and it's very close to the colour in the UK brochure. [:)]

So gives me a slightly better idea!!!

This is gonna be one of those things were I really need to see it in person to get some idea!!!! [V]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Woohoo - Thank You ever soo much [email protected]!!! [8D] [:D]

Just one more question - how close to the actual colour is the photo you have posted?? Is the photo a lot darker than the actual colour or quite close to it??

Massive thanks again!!! [:D]

·
Registered
SLK200
25 Posts
I didn´t know there is a new blue color. When I ordered my car...there is one option only. But a diferent color must be the same ...more or less I think. The car looks great and the combo is perfect. People likes the car, the tellurium option, and only a few people talks over the color inside.This color ( blue ) is a good combo for the bluey silver of the car, but this color dont want to emphasize over the car aspect.

Cheers.Pepe.

·
Registered
Diamond SilverSLK200
106 Posts
From my observations so far I can't say I've detected any hint of blue/green-ness. Blue and grey, certainly, and possibly a light purple-ish depending on the lighting conditions.

By the way, could it have been green that you were pouring over my photos???[:D][:eek:)][:D][:eek:)][^]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ScottMarbella - 2/21/2005 12:13 AM

By the way, could it have been green that you were pouring over my photos???[:D][:eek:)][:D][:eek:)][^]
How did you guess!!!!! [:I]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts