1989 300SE, 1989 560 SEL and 1985 280SE Euro
394 Posts
1989 560 SEL

Attachments

·
Registered
1985 Mercedes Benz 300SD
3 Posts
Got one of my favorite cars of all time as my first car not too long ago. A 1985 300sd with one previous owner with 141k miles. The goal is to make it look like its coming off a showroom floor again. currently fixing the emblem so dont mind it not being there

just washed and waxed it today

·
Outstanding Contributor
1989 560SEC, 1989 560SEL, 1995 E420
4,468 Posts
Hi guys ! I'm just joining your community. I'm Jeff from France, and here is my W126 300 SL. manufactured in 1987. Only one original owner before I purchase it. 365.000 kilometers. Cheers! View attachment 2630301
Welcome, Jeff! Love the color.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you so much Dieter !
Appalretly you have the same color on your W126. Mine is Impala Brown. color code is 211A if I well remember what is written on the production plate on my car. Here is shown my interior: Brazil Leather. all original.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor
4,468 Posts
Thank you so much Dieter !
Appalretly you have the same color on your W126. Mine is Impala Brown. color code is 211A if I well remember what is written on the production plate on my car. Here is shown my interior: Brazil Leather. all original.
Yes. Same color though in 1989 it was called Desert Taupe. We have the lighter Mushroom interior, also all original and in great shape. Wonderful cars!

Here's the family somewhere in the middle of Nevada.

Edit: Just noticed your car has a manual transmission. Cool! Also love to see the individual climate control knobs.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Luckymike !
Your car is gorgeous. Is desert taupe exactly the same than impala brown ? It looks a bit lighter no ? maybe due to the reflection of the sunshine on your beautiful car body !!!
My car is an european version, of course, originaly sold brand new in France, begining of Feb 1987. This car has a manual geabox, which is pretty rare on this model, even in Europe. It is equiped with a giant sunroof and it has no air conditionning, that's why I bought this car. As old air conditionning system have always been source of trouble on my previous collectable cars. Cheers !
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG

·
Outstanding Contributor
4,468 Posts
Hey Luckymike !
Your car is gorgeous. Is desert taupe exactly the same than impala brown ? It looks a bit lighter no ? maybe due to the reflection of the sunshine on your beautiful car body !!!
My car is an european version, of course, originaly sold brand new in France, begining of Feb 1987. This car has a manual geabox, which is pretty rare on this model, even in Europe. It is equiped with a giant sunroof and it has no air conditionning, that's why I bought this car. As old air conditionning system have always been source of trouble on my previous collectable cars. Cheers ! View attachment 2630556 View attachment 2630557 View attachment 2630557
Here's another couple shots of the car. Hard to say if it's the exact same shade as yours but it's certainly close.

Wow, no air conditioning? We'd be lost without it here but it can have its problems, that's for sure.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Be sure to start a separate post for any projects you do.

Again, welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I'm in France, in Brittany, where average temperature laong the year is about 13 celsius degrees, which correspond to something like 55 farenheit degrees. In summer max temp is around 71 farenheit... so absolutly no need of air conditionning !
Thanks and see you !
DSC_0024.JPG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks ! 81300SD.
As my car is an european model, the central console without air conditionning has different knobs positioned compare to the US console. Between the 2 manual seat, you have the 4 knobs for the power windows, the knob for the volume balance between rear and front seats and the knob for the right electric rear mirror. And that's pretty it.

On the upper console top, over the temperature selector, you have the knob for the hazard lights, the one for the rear seat light dome and the defogger

Cheers.

DSC_0225.JPG

Sorry for the rain drops ! it has just started to rain here, and my 300 SE was parked in front of the house with opened sunroof !

1561 - 1580 of 1585 Posts