Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1441 - 1460 of 1503 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Sorry I thought that was a car you were looking at for someone. Hope the back gets better, a real drag to suffer.
My back will only decline as I age. I just ponied up some big bucks for a good stand up desk to work with and I know that will help a lot.

Thankfully the seats in the 126's are quite good. Mine has no squishiness and feels quite nice while driving. I do not get much back fatigue. As you can see from the pick I have to drive leaning back a bit. Far more than most people.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Parked outside the Perth Gold Mint today doing some interior fittout work on a Coffee Shop for a friend. Nice sunny day so drove the coupe in
I have finished painting the AMG side-skirts arctic white and just need to swap them in soon. Plenty of overseas tourists visiting the mint as it is a major attraction , so plenty taking pics of the coupe as perhaps never seen one before?

Parked at Gold Mint by Kim, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Parked outside the Perth Gold Mint today doing some interior fittout work on a Coffee Shop for a friend. Nice sunny day so drove the coupe in
I have finished painting the AMG side-skirts arctic white and just need to swap them in soon. Plenty of overseas tourists visiting the mint as it is a major attraction , so plenty taking pics of the coupe as perhaps never seen one before?

Parked at Gold Mint by Kim, on Flickr
Gold inside, unobtanium outside... lookin' sharp Kim!

·
3,920 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've just signed up so thought i'd better post a couple of pics of my 560SEC.
G'day Dean,

Firstly, Welcome to BenzWorld!

By the look in your photos, you've been quite busy!

What a great look there.

Can you tell us more about the interior? I see instruments.. and tricked out wood [I think].. Is that a carbon fiber accent inside, or just my screen acting up?

I am sure other members will be interested as well.

MBL

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dean's 560 SEC

Hi MBL

Yep, 4 years of blood, sweat and plenty of tears to get it looking like it does today.

In response to your query about the interior, here's a brief summary:

* Full retrim of front and rear seats, including head rest delete, front armrest delete. Seats now feature French stitching of side seams (no piping)
* All timber veneer has been done in a Carbon Fibre look hydro-dip then black tint 2K clear coated
* Hood liner, sunroof, C-Pillars and rear parcel shelf have been retrimed in black macro-suede
* Shortened auto shifter with Mono knob and modified W202 shift bezel
* Mono Steering wheel
* Deletion of Cruise Control arm - replacement of early Gen 1 (non cruise control) steering column shroud - modified to install the telescopic column switch
* MB Quart Front splits hidden in crash pad, mid range drivers in speaker pods in door pockets - Alpine 2 way in rear and 2 x 12 Alpine Suds in Boot run by 3 hidden Alpine amps.
* Plasma Gauge faces are by MOMan and I painted the needles and fitted the chrome trims - all fitted to original cluster.

I'll take some better interior pics of it over the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle, circa 1989. Oh wait, no...it was yesterday, 2019! Just happened to park behind a beautiful W123 wagon - so nice, I believe it's been restored. Made me smile.
To keep the pecking order correct I always park the 126 in front of the 123.:wink

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
friend visiting la found this car at a santa monica area shop

Attachments

1441 - 1460 of 1503 Posts
About this Discussion
1.5K Replies
734 Participants
Dean 560 SEC
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing