Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an effort to lighten up the forum we are now allowing comments to be left on the R129 Photo Gallery :thumbsup:

· Registered
1985 380 SL, 2001 SL 500, 2007 E350 Sport, 2008 T & C Ltd
919 Posts
+1. Thanks for your responsiveness. Always nice to be able to give kudos to member's pride and joy.

· Premium Member
2015 Jaguar XF R Sport Twin Turbo, 1992 500sl Pano, 1999 CBR 1100XX, Super BlackBird, Jaguar X Type
4,853 Posts
Just hope it doesn't go off track as the pic thread to browse through. Which was evident with the tete-a-tete between a couple of members regarding motorbikes that was highlighted by another member. I would have preferred an ongoing separate, tongue in cheek thread to participate in. :)
Should have done a Poll :D

· Registered
97SL500R129, 01ML320W163, 94E320W124 & 93500EW124
2,930 Posts
Dumb comments like I saw there yesterday should still be deleted :D
I was so tempted to post a dumb comment on some dumb pictures I saw. But, I chose not to because most people on this board are intelligent enough to know that "Picture Gallery" means picture of great looking SL. And if I want to see junky looking Sl I would look at the salvage yard web site.

I would be offended if I invited you to a formal dinner at my home and you came with a tank shirt on. (That's my feeling towards the picture I saw.)

Just my 2 cents. I mean no disrespect to anyone.

· Registered
1998 SL600 Pano, 2002 ES300, 2004 Protege5 Turbo
662 Posts
I was so tempted to post a dumb comment on some dumb pictures I saw. But, I chose not to because most people on this board are intelligent enough to know that "Picture Gallery" means picture of great looking SL. And if I want to see junky looking Sl I would look at the salvage yard web site.

I would be offended if I invited you to a formal dinner at my home and you came with a tank shirt on. (That's my feeling towards the picture I saw.)

Just my 2 cents. I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Hey Ill say it. Im getting tired of seeing a scrap yard contestant of an r129 in the photos thread.

I vote the headlight-missing-panel-gone-bumper-ripped-off 500sl be removed.

I love the cars, but if I wanted to see that, Id go search salvage auction photos to get my fix.

anyways.... Good talk gang; lets do it again sometime.

· Undercover Moderator
2002 SL BRABUS 5.8 Silver Arrow; 1992 SL BRABUS B11; 1996 S Class diplomat ride
5,507 Posts

· Banned
Y2K SL500 Silver
8,710 Posts
In an effort to lighten up the forum we are now allowing comments to be left on the R129 Photo Gallery :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
Do you believe that the Forum has lost it's sense of humor? If so, please let me remind you of Off Topic, sometime vulgar remarks in the past.

Even though many have not been around here for 4+ years please consider a Forum Member Vote?

Regards, Lynn

· Administrator
1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
9,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you believe that the Forum has lost it's sense of humor? If so, please let me remind you of Off Topic, sometime vulgar remarks in the past.

Even though many have not been around here for 4+ years please consider a Forum Member Vote?

Regards, Lynn
This is an example of the sort vitriolic of post we can do without :( Anymore confrontational posts like this will be deleted!

Also we do not need a ridiculous poll as to whether our forum should allow humour or not!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.