And it just keeps on going

I am sooooo proud of you all.
Keep em running
B

·
Registered
25 Posts
SRS Light, Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor - Broken Wire - Fixed

Kudos to the forum ... again. Found & fixed the broken brown wire to the Passenger Seat Occupancy Sensor. It was broken inside the insulation with no sign of wear or scraping. It was broken about an inch from the under-seat computer module, so we had to remove the entire seat cover to get to it.

The only thing I might add (beyond what's already in this thread) ... after repairing the broken wire, but before putting the seat back in the car, we reconnected the sensor to it's wiring harness to see whether the light went out. It didn't ... but that's because the Seat Belt wire was still disconnected (Doh!).

BTW - We verified the problem with a local MB Indie before starting the repair. The code was "B1315-003: Front passenger seat occupied and child seat recognition (B48), or the signal has an open or short to power".

Thanks for helping us saving hundreds of dollars for a simple repair.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2005 C-320 with the SRS light on. I realize my car is a W203, but this thread seemed applicable to my problem, so I read this entire thread. I have an icarsoft i980 scanner, and I get three codes under air bag, 907C, 907D and 907E. Can anyone tell me if these codes point to the seat weight sensor, or, if not, what they do point to? Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, I found my problem. A lot of people in this thread said their problem turned out to be a broken wire between the cable interface under the seat and the sensor mat/module itself. These wires were solid copper, and broke with flexing or a vibration. I figured this might be my problem too, so I pulled the seat out to check the wires. Once I got the seat upside down on my bench, I saw that the connector that plugs into the weight sensing system (WSS) module itself had come out. Note, this is not the yellow plug to the cable that comes out from under the floor mat, but the connector into the WSS module itself, which is back much further under the seat, and up higher, more under the seat cushion, which is why I couldn't see it until I got the seat out and upside down on the bench. I plugged the cable back in, and put a tie wrap around it so it wouldn't come out again. I re-installed the seat, cleared the trouble codes, started the car, and no SRS light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone in the los angeles or orange county area familiar with the procedure willing to help with this fix for a fee? I barely was able to help my son put together his lego set :) and have been putting off this repair.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
omg it cant still be relevant after all these years?
B

141 - 147 of 147 Posts
About this Discussion
146 Replies
71 Participants
MRBSMITH
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing