Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K: 2006 E320 CDI
39,468 Posts
Guys,
If I read this right, the problem is more likely the wires than the sensors, yes?
Well will the code readout tell us that?
Or do I ask the mechanic to change the gizmo and look at the wires? Since he will have to remove seat in order to see it all anyway and it seems like hundreds for the labor and a hundred for the device? Crackie!

much obliged, cover me I am going in guys,

Jeffinski
My indie has a code reader for that system and was able to tell me that all of the codes related to that failed sensor.

· Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K: 2006 E320 CDI
39,468 Posts
Put another one in the WIN column.

After running out of time and patience a couple of months ago, I finally had access to the car, nice weather and enough time to actually TAKE my time.

The seat came out easily, since I was familiar with that process from the first go around. I had the necessary torx heads bits to loosen the frame from the seat this time. I removed the entire seat pad by pulling the bar out of the back as well.

Twisting the white plastic clips popped the cover loose. The sensor slid right out after I removed the insert that covers the white control box and pulled the wire through the hole in the cushion.

The hardest part was getting the white clips to bite back into the wire that holds the cover on. I used a spark plug socket underneath and was able to press the wire into the clips.

The only way to get the yellow socket out that I could see was to remove the plastic plug panel from the frame via the two screws on either side. Then I popped the back off and the yellow socket slid right out.

I wish I had read posts from sjphill before I started. I would have paid attention to the wires. I was working from memory, though. Sorry.

All the rest was as described.

Thanks for the instructions. The SRS light is out.

On to the brake light switch next.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.