Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1999 e300 TD Estate with 200k+, 2001 e200 Estate with 120k
26 Posts
Hi
Having the same problem with the light on my 99 300td wagon. It has cloth seats and I was able to get at it within 2 min with just by clipping the fabric on the bottom and sides and peeling up through the layers. The layout of the sensor seems different though, mine does'nt have wires going to the back of the seat, just one coming up from the floor, to a connecting block, then to the sensor. Thanks for all the tips guys

later edit
decided to risk it and follow olords tip about the wire being pinched, so I cut the wire from before the first cable tie to after the last cable tie (i.e. removed about 1 ft of cable) and put on connecting block. I figured what did I have to loose, I was going to have to get a new sensor pad anyway. This still gave enough space on the cable for the seat to go fully back. Bingo 3 days on and no sign of the SRS light!:bowdown:

· Registered
26 Posts
The wires worked for me but my setup seems simpler with only one wire coming up from thee floor directly to the sensor. The light came on again yesterday (first time in over a month) while my wife kneeled on the seat to get something in the back, so maybe the sensor is on its way out too?

· Registered
26 Posts
Hi
I got mine secondhand for £30 from the uk. Hopefully it was from a sales rep's car, not a family car! The one I put in has been in a family car with young kids bouncing on it for a year and no problems yet.
It is quick to change so I recokoned it was worth the gamble.
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.