·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
What were some of the symptoms of this problem in the car... I will be using this R&R shortly. Thanks G-AMG. Also read somewhere here that there is an updated version of the bushing there...

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What were some of the symptoms of this problem in the car... I will be using this R&R shortly. Thanks G-AMG. Also read somewhere here that there is an updated version of the bushing there...
Yes, the Current Part number is a "220" prefix, I this is most certainly the most updated.

Symptoms? I think my rear-end was so discombobulated I couldn't tell you.

·
Registered
651 Posts
G-AMG

I recently changed out my rear lower control arm carrier bushings after noticing that the rubber seals were torn. Upon removal I was able to see they were completely SHOT. I am sure that our vehicles with excess of 160K miles will likely need these and those approaching 180K miles will definitely need this part.

I had opted to make my own tool for the removal and reinstallation of this carrier bushings but I had concluded that "the rear calipers and rotors had to be removed to allow me to temporarily bend the rotor splash plate out" to provide amble access to remove and install. I was not able to bend that shield out with the rotor in place.

Since you did not make mention of this step may I assume with the dedicated tool you did not need to do that step?

Seth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts