Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
MB
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw my buddies new w211 E55. Instead of the old bulky Motorola the new e55 has a mini flip style phone. I would like to have a newer version phone integrated into the stereo as it originaly came. Is there an upgrade option for this? Does anyone have an idea of what this would take or cost.
Thanks

·
Registered
1999 E55
3 Posts
Let me know what you find - I looked into it for a bit (bought 99 used in January) and basically heard that changning over from old analog to new digital would be a laborious, expensive undertaking. Cingular is now the carrier (formerly Bell Atlantic). They had price packages available for the analog, but they were relatively expensive.

I just saw my buddies new w211 E55. Instead of the old bulky Motorola the new e55 has a mini flip style phone. I would like to have a newer version phone integrated into the stereo as it originaly came. Is there an upgrade option for this? Does anyone have an idea of what this would take or cost.
Thanks

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Check the phone threads in the regular W210 forum, as well as audio/telematics. It's a ...

Check the phone threads in the regular W210 forum, as well as audio/telematics. It's a pretty simple install. I would definitely go with INTEGRATED (dials from stereo) than settling for something that mutes the stereo on a call.

-s-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts