Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just got a 2007 E350 and when I select the phone button from the command it says "connect phone." On my older different model 06 benz's I remember it saying "NO PHONE." I don't see a cradle or bluetooth module anywhere in the car, but I don't know where I should check? Can anyone help me figure out if my car has some sort of pre-installed phone adapter or is that a normal message when you don't have a phone hookup? Thanks!

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
The easiest way is to check from your data card if the car has a phone preparation kit. You can also look at the centre armrest storage compartment, it should have a smallish connector, possibly a plastic cap on it if the car is ready for a phone.

By the way, a lot of useful info at the Audio & Telematics section on the sticky from Skylaw.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What about IPod connections? I have an 06 E 500 - no nav - a plain Jane radio and CD player (6) - any easy and relatively inexpensive IPod adapters for this?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have an 05 E500 and plug my Ipod into the socket in the glovebox and then use the AUX button on the radio. If that is what you were asking....................

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I have an 05 E500 and plug my Ipod into the socket in the glovebox and then use the AUX button on the radio. If that is what you were asking....................
Downside on the AUX is the functions on the multifunction steering wheel will not work also the I Pod will Not charge..For That You Need the I Pod Kit

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi. mine, E220 cdi has this phone adapter in center console.
My phone is sony ericssonm bluetooth, and in my comand I have bluetooth functionality. I search devices and find my phone, but not handsfree. What is the difference ? Comand bluetooth and this kit to conencto to phone in the center console?

Nuno

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
My phone is sony ericssonm bluetooth, and in my comand I have bluetooth functionality. I search devices and find my phone, but not handsfree. What is the difference ? Comand bluetooth and this kit to conencto to phone in the center console?

Nuno
Comand BT allows a BT headset (audio from Comand to a BT headset) and some visitor card exchange. The BT adapter on the UHI connector allows BT handsfree (through BT HF or BT SAP profiles).

·
Registered
5 Posts

Nuno
To use your phone: search forum or: buy a bluetooth device on e-bay. Put it instead of you adapter. Connect your SE with bluetooth device. comand bluetooth doesn't work with mobile phones.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
To use your phone: search forum or: buy a bluetooth device on e-bay. Put it instead of you adapter. Connect your SE with bluetooth device. comand bluetooth doesn't work with mobile phones.
I guess this post was about to add something on top of the previous post(s), I don't think I got it.

To be accurate, the "Comand BT" does work with phones (as mentioned above), it does not give BT HF to the phone but it allows one to send phone book entries (visitor cards) from a phone to Comand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys, new to the Site,

Just purchased a E220 Avangarde - 2002 Model which shows Telephone dials and has buttons on steering wheel etc...

Doesnt have any connections to install a MBU or Viseeo etc ....

How can I connect my Blackberry as bluetooth to take calls through the stereo??

DO I need to get a cable? anything installed?

Whats the easy option? simple instructions please . . .

Any help or pointing me in the right direction if discussed previously would be greatful

Many thanks

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Most likely you do not have any of the hands free electronics installed in your car. The OEM approach would be expensive. If you are after BT, you should be able to buy an after market control unit that supports BT HF and looks like OEM for the car (menus, buttons etc. work like OEM).

Sounds like you are not from the US (you should mention your location in your profile) but you might get good proposals from the member Incartronics (check spelling).

·
Registered
4 Posts
From the UK, Manchester.

Anybody out there who can help, please feel to send me a message.

Just need to get a system that will allow bluetooth and use of the CD player and steering wheel buttons

Regards

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Here's what the connector looks like ... it's on the back wall of your console.

Connect a bluetooth "puck" or a phone-specific cradle.

For USA, I'm pretty sure this was standard equipment beginning 2007 MY.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts