Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the phone holder from dash, i've just bought a c200K in Germany (i'm from south america)and it came with phone kit but it is useless to me. I would like to know if it possible remove it without altering the normal look of the dash (you know without holes, etc.) Thanks

·
Registered
C200
3 Posts
Phone kit removal

I've not logged onto this site for some time, do you still need a hand to remove the phone kit from your W203?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
his post is 10 years old so I'm sure he figured it out by now.

I have one of these I don't need if someone wants one.

Were you able to remove the phone holder as you wished?? I want to do the same thing with my w203!

·
Registered
2002 C240 Auto (Hijacked by criminals), Now I have a 2005 C200 Auto.
225 Posts
@Schumicat, I would like it, but I live in South Africa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
his post is 10 years old so I'm sure he figured it out by now.

I have one of these I don't need if someone wants one.
Yeah, lots of years have passed, maybe he doesn't have the car anymore!...

But my point is that I went to a MB dealer and I was told that is not possible to remove the phone holder and replace with something without the holes and everything, like the phone holder was never there! Is it really like that?

You can see in the .jpeg what I am talking about

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
that doesn't look like mine. the 2005 and on cars had the optional factory car phone in the center console. mine is aftermarket and secures with one screw near the bottom on the side.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
20,676 Posts
Yeah, lots of years have passed, maybe he doesn't have the car anymore!...

But my point is that I went to a MB dealer and I was told that is not possible to remove the phone holder and replace with something without the holes and everything, like the phone holder was never there! Is it really like that?

You can see in the .jpeg what I am talking about

Thank you!
The only way to remove that is to replace that part of the dash. It's not a terribly expensive part (less than US$100). It is a pain to replace, though - you have to remove the entire center stack, glove compartment, and center console to get to this one last bolt holding the darn thing in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts