Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 R350 and can't seem to find enough info on the phone system. (it has phone controls on the steering wheel and command unit)

I assume that the car is not bluetooth compatable. Where can I find out which specific cell phones are compatable with the system, or is there a factory phone that I need?....and how do I activate it? Or are there bluetooth conversion kits available?
Thanks,
Fr8dog

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
I just bought a 2006 R350 and can't seem to find enough info on the phone system. (it has phone controls on the steering wheel and command unit)

I assume that the car is not bluetooth compatable. Where can I find out which specific cell phones are compatable with the system, or is there a factory phone that I need?....and how do I activate it? Or are there bluetooth conversion kits available?
Thanks,
Fr8dog
You forgot to ask "Does the car have any phone system even if it has steering wheel controls and buttons on the HU?". The answer would be "depends on your car options".

I'd suggest reading the sticky at the top of this forum first:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/aud...guide-cell-phone-upgrades-plug-bluetooth.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diesel,
Thanks for the guidance. With all the info. saturation that goes with a new vehicle I guess I didn't think of the obvious. The post you pointed me to is great. BTW, the car does have the system already installed.
Thanks again. Fr8

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
BTW, the car does have the system already installed.
Very good, I'm happy to be wrong with guessing you would not have the phone kit at all. Should be easy for you then to go for BT even if you would have to by the BT adapter. Hopefully your phone downloads the phone book too, that is usually the main compatibility issue.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Thanks,
Fr8dog
I've been installing the aftermarket kits in these cars that allow you to use the steering wheel controls. a couple of websites you can check out.
| AUDICOM.IT | Technology for the future and then www.quickconnectproducts.com

the first website makes a control module that allows the steering wheel use, they also show you how it is wired in and how it works. the second website is from a company that actually sells the products here in the states. I buy direct from them. they should be able to help you in determining what is needed. The best part of all this, is that it pretty much so all plug and play, sometimes wires need to be cut but only like 20% of the time. They have harness kits that make it so that all you have to do is eithe plug into the back of the radio or the amp. These kits are all made to work with the Parrot bluetooth hf systems. The steering wheel kits are made to work with Parrot's CK3000, 6000 & 6100 system. The only real down side is that the kits will not give you any kind of phone book download to the radio.
My only other recommendation is to have it all professionally done. The guys at Quickconnect may be able to help you find an installer in your area.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the great info.....especially the internet links!!
Any chance anybody out there knows of a good website that sells backup camera equipment.
I found a reputable shop here in North Carolina that will install the Parrot BT and a backup camera for $300.00 as long as I supply the equipment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts