Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my phone installed today and I must say it is a very disappointing system. It does not have voice activation. After spending $925.00 for the system wiring from the factory, and $800.00 for the phone (V600 Motorola), cradle and installation, all I have is a POS that I still have to play with numerous buttons to place a call. My 1998 Lincoln has voice activation!!! The dealer says that the voice activation part is not an option for the SLK. I guess I should not have assumed anything. One would think for almost $1800.00 for a phone it would not be so lacking in functionality.[:(][:(][:(][:(]

Roberta[:(][:(][:(][:(]

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
Roberta - 3/25/2005 4:01 PM

I got my phone installed today and I must say it is a very disappointing system. It does not have voice activation. After spending $925.00 for the system wiring from the factory, and $800.00 for the phone (V600 Motorola), cradle and installation, all I have is a POS that I still have to play with numerous buttons to place a call. My 1998 Lincoln has voice activation!!! The dealer says that the voice activation part is not an option for the SLK. I guess I should not have assumed anything. One would think for almost $1800.00 for a phone it would not be so lacking in functionality.[:(][:(][:(][:(]

Roberta[:(][:(][:(][:(]
Roberta:
My sympathies, but thanks for the post. After getting the phone in my 98 ML which wound up being just as expensive and analog old Motorola technology with no hope of upgrading, I decided to pass on the SLK phone option...[:(!]

·
Registered
SLK 200K
176 Posts
wow that seem to be pricey... here in AU we get the slk as is... no phone option etc, everything is prewired, all i need to get is the cradle for my EXISTING phone (t610) only cost $AU300 even that i think is expensive. And yeah the it is not state of the art but it serve its purpose, i got a voice recognition on my earlier convertible and trust me is not that convienient, with the roof down you be lucky if it can dial any number on voice and with roof up sometime would dial wrong thing anyway... "john" "jones" , "jack" "chuck", "tom" "tim"

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
You should have asked on the forum first.

The new S class for example, has voice activated phone system. Maybe some other models too...

But not the SLK. The SLK is a more down to earth, simpler sports car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts