Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
E500 - 2005 (Japanese Import)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am new to this forum and would like your help. I have just purchased an E500 2005. I am sure the car is prewired for telephone. The centre console has a strange looking spiral wire and nothing else. Attached picture. Can anyone tell me what this is for and what attachment do I need to put to make my car Bluetooth.

I tried searching in other forums and posts but no one seems to be talking about this cable. The discussions are mostly around the cradles and other attachment. I have not seen any talk regarding this wire.

thanks for the help
Dr Arsalan

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,135 Posts
Ok, now that I see that end of it I agree it is not for an Apple device.

Have you posted this info in the Audio and Telematics forum we have here? They may
know more in that forum. There are some sharp members in that forum.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Since the car was built for the Japanese market, the audio system is very specific. This cable is the Docomo standard interface but you would hardly find a compatible phone from anywhere else except Japan.

·
Registered
E500 - 2005 (Japanese Import)
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I would agree with you. I have been to Japan and they have some really strange high tech technology in everything. Looks like I will have to search for another way to connect my iphone with my car. :surrender:

·
Registered
'05 E320 CDI Black/Black
623 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I would agree with you. I have been to Japan and they have some really strange high tech technology in everything. Looks like I will have to search for another way to connect my iphone with my car. :surrender:
Hi,
here is Q&A Info from his eBay listing.
Guy's name Keith , he was regarded as last resort before dealer on this forum when it comes to Benz Phone systems.
I personally spoke with him and can confirm statements being true. Give him a call , all in all you'll get knowledge of any possible options.

Q: I have an 05 e55 and wanted to know what I need to use iPhone 4 Bluetooth? Also cost? Thank you
A: Hi,This optional kit is to add Voice Control System (VCS) to existing phone or Bluetooth kit..Are you starting from scratch or updating existing kit?..I'll guess start from scratch(cheaper if only need update)..I've listed an '05-'06 E Class Bluetooth kit with this VCS kit as a combo and it's good for iPhone,Blackberry ect..Is your console a pop open or slide open type?..Discounted $25.00 if pop open..Or if you just want Bluetooth with out VCS,I'd go $625.00inc ship..But,the VCS is retail over $600.00 alone,so my combo makes the VCS very cheap..I'll supply MBZ Tech Installation Instructions and over the phone help w/purchase..Please e back or call if questions..Thanx!.Keith 714-746-5930

Good Luck
P.S. he's located in SoCal so if you're local he even offers personal visit & assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts