Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
92'300SE98' Upgrades
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it wise to clear coat (Perma Shine)my SE300
or will this hurt the Paint over time? This car has not seen a winter,also should I rust proof it and if so any suggestions on brand name rust proofers in Toronto?

· Registered
S320W
602 Posts
Is it wise to clear coat (Perma Shine)my SE300
or will this hurt the Paint over time? This car has not seen a winter,also should I rust proof it and if so any suggestions on brand name rust proofers in Toronto?
Rust proofing is already done on your car. It is i think the 4th layer on the metal. If you have the booklit, you will find a small catelog that tells about your cars paint, there you will see this info.

What you might want to do, is keep salt and sand away from underneath the car. Thats one place rust will built up. After snow driving, take your car to a pressure wash and wash her yourself underneath.

Never use car wash place soaps and wax. They are crap. If you like, get your car professionally detailed with a paint sealer from outside. Or do it yourself, as i do it.

///S320

· Registered
1,686 Posts
Just rustproof it!! Go to Krown Rust control centre.......rated best in Canada. The fa...

Just rustproof it!! Go to Krown Rust control centre.......rated best in Canada. The factory rustproof is crap or else my 380SE wouldnt have fallen apart. My 380SEL is older than the SE and has received rustproof all the time and has maintained showroom condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.